[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixel Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: px11.gif (2 MB, 914x539) Image search: [Google]
px11.gif
2 MB, 914x539
Any pixel artt enthusiasts?

I've been working on developing simple mobile games recently and I'm getting into minimalistic pixel art so I don't have to hire artists.

Post your works and/or inspo.
>>
>>242084
Fuck me, I wish I could get a pixel artist half as good as that on me team.
>>
>>242084
This looks fantastic. whats it from?
>>
>>242086
That's not true pixel art, it's drawing a standard picture and then abstracting it and adding little bits of pixel art here and there to blend it together, then applying the species affects like the little glowing sprites and ambient occlusion to complete the entire effect.

The logic behind it is explained better here
http://danfessler.com/blog/hd-index-painting-in-photoshop
>>
>>242087
The games called Slain!
>>
>>242109
It's still pixel art even if it's based off of other images.
>>
File: Ahri idle.gif (5 KB, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
Ahri idle.gif
5 KB, 32x32
I'm an enthusiast, but a beginner. Got into pixel art by making cursors.
>>
>>242109
>http://danfessler.com/blog/hd-index-painting-in-photoshop

Fuck me. I want to try that out.
>>
File: Jawgodon.png (11 KB, 304x257) Image search: [Google]
Jawgodon.png
11 KB, 304x257
>>242084
I used to sprite for pokemon sage on /vp/ but I don't have the time or interest to do it anymore. Especially not the time. The interest is more tidal
>>
>>242084
make a pc game based on this artwork and I suck you off
>>
File: 1444826747932.gif (531 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1444826747932.gif
531 KB, 500x340
why is pixel art so comfy?
>>
>>242877
Just like the music of older games, the pixel art and characters have to focus on simplicity. Through this simplicity, your brain fills in all the missing details of something familiar to you; making it feel like a compete image, or a 3D character depending on how your mind works.
>>
>>242879
>>242877
Nostalgia probably also has a bit to do with it.
>>
>>242084
>>242086
>>242087
Holy shit i have no idea why so many people think this game's art style is good.

It's not simple, hard to read, too many stuff going at once.

It's fucking disgusting.

I bet the gameplay is shit too.
>>
>>243842
It's like Helvetica, classic and comfortable.

Games like this focus on lighting more than character viability. You could actually make this game with lit circles and you would get the same mechanical feel and readability.

Also, you obviously aren't the target market so your opinion doesn't really matter.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.