[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future Schoolfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1458040440592.png (8 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458040440592.png
8 KB, 480x480
I'll be starting my first day of college tomorrow. I'm going for my associates in Graphic Design. To be honest, I don't want to go at all but it'll look good on my resumé. Its gonna be difficult since I'm not so social and have anxiety so I know I'm not gonna fit in with all the preppy rich kids. Can I get some tips on how to survive?
>>
File: 1435095140584.png (8 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1435095140584.png
8 KB, 480x480
Pic related: art that I do for a hobby
>>
>>274903
Pro tip for life. you are litteraly wasting money to get the degree. You already seem to do pretty decent art. Just start now. this is the mistake youngins make these days. You think you have to get the degree to get the job, then whine on the internet when even entry level jobs wont hire you because they require a few years of experience.

Just make a couple of really good pieces, or gather the art you already have/are proud of, make a portfolio, and start putting yourself out there.

I guarantee if you were to submit two resumes, one with that associates and the other with examples of 20 previous clients, the one with previous clients would get hired.
>>
>>274907
>Just make a couple of really good pieces, or gather the art you already have/are proud of, make a portfolio, and start putting yourself out there.
30 year old here
Wish I had followed this advice earlier
Don't procrastinate, do stuff, that's the only thing that matters.
>>
Just go for it man put your best work out there and take a chance
>>
>>274907
I'm taking this advice. I just dropped my college classes that I had scheduled and I'm gonna go for it. Only problem is now I have to give my mother a speech about how I'm making a good decision.
The woman doesn't understand me at all. Wish me luck.
>>
>>275000
Probably good decision. College is a waste of fucking money these days. I quit a few weeks in and owe like 2k for nothing. Been a few years now and just smoke up and taught myself programming and starting to draw/code my own VN and cash in. Just make try and money and follow your own dreams. Screw evey1 else
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.