[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207 KB, 2560x1440
Believe it or not, our Phonetics teacher asked us to make a meme using a particular sound of the phonetic alphabet. I've got "ɒ", the one in "dog" or "from"I'm not imaginative enough for this, can you help me?
>>
>"I'm not imaginative enough for this"

Wow- unless you're not a designer (you didn't explicitly say so), you're going to be flipping burgers or digging ditches with an attitude like that.

>Believe it or not, our Phonetics teacher asked us to make a meme

I don't believe the stupidity of having a grade dependent on forcing a meme.

>can you help me?

No. Try >>>/wsr/
>>
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>270720
This is obviously a rough draft, but I was thinking something along these lines would work.

See it's kind of a play on words, or sounds I guess.

ɒ, according you you makes the awww sound, as in "dog".

So I put "say ɒ" like what the doctors or whoever says when they want you to open your mouth. But this time its a woman getting a facial with her mouth open, and the "ɒ" looks like a tongue sticking out receiving the semen. So it's telling her to say ɒ, while showing her tongue sticking out, with the symbol over her mouth.

I think this could really work for you. But obviously touch it up a bit, because it's going to have to look like graphic design, this is just a rough draft you can go off of
>>
File: smoth.jpg (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
smoth.jpg
85 KB, 900x900
This is already a meme, retard.

Also, >>270979 it's not a long vowel sound, it's short. "Pot", not "port"
>>
File: will smith.png (605 KB, 797x539) Image search: [Google]
will smith.png
605 KB, 797x539
You're lucky I'm an English teacher.
>>
File: jeck bleck.png (447 KB, 795x387) Image search: [Google]
jeck bleck.png
447 KB, 795x387
2 images on 4chan - maymay status achieved.
>>
>>270984
That meme, while it is using that sound. It has nothing to do with the actual symbol OP is talking about.

I used it correctly too. DOG uses the same pronunciation as POT, and when the doctor says "Say AHHHH" Thats the same sound as dog and pot

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__FHAG1Jk8
>>
>>270992
Sorry, mate. Say Aaah is /ɑ:/ like car, far, article
>>
>>270993
Sorry mate, dog uses ɑ

Car and far do not

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/dog?s=t
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.