[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My arch Linux fresh install refuses to connect to internet in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 499x616) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 499x616
My arch Linux fresh install refuses to connect to internet in certain places but works smoothly in other.
After trying various things I saw on forums, I have no idea what I'm doing nor what I have done anymore.
>take a spare HDD
>install Debian
>no network problem

What files should I copy paste from my Debian to Arch so I get rid of the network issues?

I'd use Debian but muh pacman and muh AUR makes me want to stay with arch a little bit longer.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (17 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
17 KB, 600x538
>>54628422
Install gentoo.
>>
>>54628453
I would just like to interject for one moment. The operating system you are suggesting for me to install, and rather commandingly might I add, will in fact, not directly solve my current problem at hand, and will actually cause me to ask further questions about the difficult process involved in installing it. Gentoo is a very nice operating system itself, but I'd rather you directly assist me in my quest to solve my current predicament.

I understand that many computer users run the Gentoo Linux operating system, and I realize they may enjoy it greatly and are not currently experiencing the current problem that I have whilst using my non-Gentoo operating system. Through a peculiar turn of events, I have noticed an enormous amount of users make the "Install Gentoo" suggestion, but many of its users are not aware that this suggestion, in most cases, is actually not an "easy-fix" to every single computer-related error.

There really are reasons for installing Gentoo, and there are people using it, but it is just for the few users who choose to compile their own source code locally according to their chosen configuration. Gentoo is just another operating system: the problems I am experiencing will not undeviatingly be solved if I make the choice to install it. All these so-called "Install Gentoo" suggestions I am noticing should cease immediately.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>54628422
>muh pacman and muh AUR
Install Antergos
>>
File: slap.gif (344 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
slap.gif
344 KB, 250x188
>copy paste from my Debian to Arch
>>
>>54629362
why is it wrong?
My guess is that debian's default network configuration works wheras I cannot get Arch to work the same way.

What makes network configuration Arch specific?
>>
>>54629419
Since you are an elite using Arch, you should be able to write it from scratch
>>
>>54629470
>Again a proof to remind that arch hater are worse than actual arch users.
>>
File: crystalball.jpg (8 KB, 300x156) Image search: [Google]
crystalball.jpg
8 KB, 300x156
>>54629419
op if you really want support provide actual informaton and output
>>
>>54629557
What do you mean?
In both I used NetworkManager
Debian connects to internet at home
Arch does not.
Arch however connects in my using a rj45 cable
Arch also connects to my hotspot from my smartphone.
>>
>>54628732
You think "Install Gentoo" is a motherfucking joke or something? You think this is just "le ebic /g/ maymay XD"? You think we are playing some kind of funny board trolling game here when we advise people to install gentoo?
If you do, git out of /g/. Right now. It is not, it is far from that, it is as serious as it gets. You do not seem to understand a very basic and important concept. The act of installing gentoo is far from being only the technical solution to a technical problem. It is an act of freedom, a symbolic gesture of breaking out of the oppressive and intransparent system that is closed source software and the beginning point of gradually coming to understand the importance of having actual complete control over the machine you use and entrust your data with. It is the turning point were you slowly realize how UNDERSTANDING a system means HAVING CONTROL of the system. If you install gentoo, it means you set a starting point for your new personal era of enlightenment where you break free from your chains and start controlling what controlled you before. This is the point I am talking about. If your computer is giving you problems, it means you are not the one who is in control. If you are in control of your computer, it cannot give you problems. This is the point. This is why /g/ tells people with computer problems to install gentoo: if they follow this path, they will see the light too and realize having control over your computer equals not having problems with your computer. If we just told him how to solve his particular problem, he will come back tomorrow with a different problem. But by telling him to install gentoo, we show him the path of how to destroy the root of all problems. Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, and he will never be hungry again. This is the concept. This is the paradigm we follow. Live by it. Install gentoo.
>>
File: 1452187330869.jpg (95 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
1452187330869.jpg
95 KB, 640x439
>>54629608
>What do you mean?

you are obviously missing wifi drivers or bait
/sage
>>
>>54629669
Why did it worked few weeks ago then stopped?

If the problem was caused by missing wifi drivers, why would I be unable to connect to my room's wired connection?
>>
File: 1450519187668.png (175 KB, 482x436) Image search: [Google]
1450519187668.png
175 KB, 482x436
>>54628422

I use the same book to learn the animu language desu
>>
File: 4L_aYwh0Jrh.jpg (104 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_aYwh0Jrh.jpg
104 KB, 540x720
>>54628422
Time to buy a gentoo
>>
>>54630144
which genki book is this?

1 or 2?
>>
Shameful bump
>>
>>54628422
>>54629346
What about installing antergos and graft /etc/ in your arch if antergos happens to "just werk" ?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.