[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any modern laptop that can have every skngle part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4064x3334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4064x3334
Are there any modern laptop that can have every skngle part of them changed with ease, like the t420?
I mean it does not have to lenovo but I really liked that I could change stuff as esdy as memory and screen to shit like processor and motherboard easy.

Are laptops not built like this anymore? I just want to spice things up rather than buying another t420, since my current one's case is all sorts of fucked.
>>
>>54608895
Most ThinkPads still are, with exceptions of XXXs, Carbon, and other slimline devices.
>>
File: 1372479999971.jpg (749 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1372479999971.jpg
749 KB, 2048x1536
Nope none are "easy" I had the T400 and it wasn't andy harder to replace than any other modern computer(high end) I think that the T400 and T420 are probably about the same build wise, if so it's a time consuming one, same with the W510 Thinkpad and the 13" (non-retina) MBP. The think pads are easier if you are someone who needs accesses to the keyboard often. on the MPB it's 10 philips to remove the base and change the RAM, 4 more to change the HDD and battery, then I don't remember how many probably about 10 to remove the mobo. I don't remember the W510 too well but it took longer to rebuild that(bought both used and wanted to clean and re-do thermal paste). BTW to give you an idea of long to me, I could take apart the T400 to get to the BIOS batt and put it back together in 15 min. BTH the old HPs (that still had the Compaq name in small print on them) are the easiest I have ever worked on if you have all the drivers; they use a lot of hex heads.
>>
>>54608895
>changing the processor and mobo on a laptop
No
>>
>>54609095
It's actually child's play changing from i3 to i7.
>>
>>54608895
>like processor and motherboard
>easy.

>literally have to pull apart the entire system and everything in the chassis to change cpu
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.