[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do we do about tech illiterates fucking up the industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
What do we do about tech illiterates fucking up the industry?
Shitty tech E-Celebs who know jack shit are rampant now. They teach kids to build shitty computer, who then in tern fuck up the parts because they are idiots, and then RMA and leave bad reviews for said product ruining shit for everyone. No matter how much poke yoke engineers put into computer parts, idiots like pic related will always find a way to fuck something up. How are we going to combat this?
>>
>>54505797
become popular yourself and spread good info.
but you'll likely just stay here and keep whining.
>>
>>54505829
I don't think there is a single person who spreads good info that made it above the canopy of these tards
Stupidity trumps education, kids are the main demographics on youtube, kids would rather watch a quirky e-celeb fuck things up than watch an engineer solder a motherboard
>>
File: 1462360185980.jpg (113 KB, 566x614) Image search: [Google]
1462360185980.jpg
113 KB, 566x614
>>54505797
Educate shitty kids to become less shitty kids. If you haven't noticed, they're popular for a reason-they have content. For instance - OP pic - Linus - he is a faggot indeed, but trys his best to make some interesting content. I remember the time when internet was run by lazy faggotass elitists, who spawned things like RTFM because they did not give a fuck about explaining stuff to new users-who while interested in a lot of topics-couldn't get throught their message board RPG-like shitload of stupidass rules.

If those celebs are as shitty as you say, then, people will notice that. But instead of shilling them, I'd rather help them, becasue I want to make the fucking world a better fucking place.
>>
>>54505913
>tfw still have a paper shredder made by Commodore and use it every day
Back then, things were built to last
>>
>>54505797
The general public doesn't give a shit about "learning". The reason why "content creaters" like linus are so popular is because most people are not willing to learn anything insightful or beneficial in tech, they want to watch gaymur meme shit. Thankfully people like Dave Jones from eevblog, Louis Rossmann and Wendell exist... People who are passionate in their hobbies and are willing to give useful information to people who love learning.
>>
>>54505995
Actually, Louis Rossman met Linus, and said that he's a cool guy(they had a beer), and that he's actually like I wrote in:
>>54505913
>>
>>54506028
I can at least give Linus credit for making a video with Louis rather than turn the "put you GPU in your oven" bullshit into more pseudo youtube drama. Sure he's probably a cool guy to talk to when he isn't shilling or posting shitty videos but like what most big e-celebs do on youtube is pander to a larger audience. Quantity over quality which is why there is a huge collection of pointless shit and easily forgettable videos like GPU benchmark tests. Most people have the attention span of fleas and would rather watch garbage than learn how to read a schmattic or understanding Kirchhoff's Law.. idk thats my take on it maybe im just retarded
>>
>>54505995
>Louis Rossman
>give useful information to people who love learning
>newest video title is:
>Failing at DOTA while discussing rules morals and ethics

who is shilling now, anon?
>>
>>54505797
>How are we gonna fight free choices of people?
doubling your neckbeard length could help
>>
It's easier to just stop being so buttmad, you nerd :)
>>
File: switch gejminogowy moj.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
switch gejminogowy moj.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>54505797
RAID STRIP ALL SSD ON WINDOWS SERVER
THAT'S THE WAY
>>
>HURRRR DURRR U SHOULDNT PLAY GAMES GAMES ARE BAD AND FOR CHILDREN DONT PLAY GAMES DOOOONT PLAAAAYYYYY GAAAMEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

i swear to god you faggots just want to take away everything i fucking enjoy
>>
>>54505797
>the industry
There is no industry anon.
>>
File: 1462511274160.png (38 KB, 950x140) Image search: [Google]
1462511274160.png
38 KB, 950x140
obligatory
>>
>>54505797
Don't do anything about it because Linus will go over to your house make you a laughing stock on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shn7LdIrViQ
>>
>>54509236
u are from Poland?
>>
>>54509330
>get an apology
what a faggot
>>
Ok tech literates
Give me advise regarding my build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HyYbsY
>>
>>54510502
Missing .5gb of vram somewhere I think..
>>
>>54506347

He's not just making a channel for information purposes, though. He's running a business with full time employees. I don't blame him for focusing more on turning a profit, he has an audience and he caters to it.
>>
>>54506347
>>54505856
>engineer solder a motherboard
>read a schematic (misspelled) or understand Kirchhoff's Law
>Linus, who is not an engineer, should be teaching engineering

Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound when you say shit like this? Linus can make videos about whatever the fuck he wants. You don't have to like it, you don't have to watch it, but if you do watch it, that doesn't entitle you to dictate the content. Clearly lots of people are interested in the content Linus provides. It has no requirement to be educational, and if you so sorely want educational youtube channels, then why don't YOU build a successful youtube channel from the ground up?
>>
>>54514263

He sounds a lot less stupid than you, someone's opinion isn't the same as "dictating the content". Does someone have to be a "successful" Youtuber to have one of those now?

You should come up for air while sucking his cock so much, I think you're getting brain damage.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.