[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hardware Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1462474479186.jpg (98 KB, 580x339) Image search: [Google]
1462474479186.jpg
98 KB, 580x339
I want to be a hardware engineer. I'm studying my A-Levels now (Phys, Chem, Comp. Sci, Maths). Are my subjects proper?

Maybe work on board/chip design. Do we have any engineers here and how did you go about it?

Also, what's your job and how much do you make?

And yes, this is related to /g/, modfags. Ban the shitposters first.
>>
Yeah, you go in the right direction. I'm on the same path as you. Getting my A-levels because I wasted my time by going to IT and finding out that this boring as fuck. No challenge at all. When you go EE you will learn some of everything and after some time you will choose your specialization. Don't haste. You will get there. Good luck my fellow friend :^)
>>
I'm a phd candidate in ECE.

Get through undergrad with scholarships, internships, grants
Get fellowship or assistantship for grad school
get phd with no debt
feels good man
>>
>>54411584

>IC design
Best choice money-wise, as long as you don't plan on staying in Europe. The European semiconductor giants (NXP, STMicro, etc.) are uncompetitive government-subsidized behemoths where you'll be making shit money. At least in America the semiconductor industry is somewhat competitive, and you'll have much better opportunities for career advancement.

Also, don't just learn digital design. Mixed-signal design experience is pretty much the only way engineers have been able to insulate themselves from their jobs being outsourced to the Pajeets of the EE world (besides expertise, which you won't have enough of coming out of college).
>>
>>54411764
>>54411764
What are the other stuff I should know about to get a head start? I'm already looking at mixed-signal design.

>>54411722
Here's to hoping I do the same.

>>54411631
Maybe work on your grammar a little, m8. :^)
>>
>>54411584
Took chem, physics and maths.

Got an offer from the Uni of Southampton to study Electrical Engineering.

Probably going to end up in finance though, engineering in this country pays like shit
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.