[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a game I play which has a shitton of hidden/arcane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1460104760805.jpg (109 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1460104760805.jpg
109 KB, 500x800
There's a game I play which has a shitton of hidden/arcane mechanics and stats unavailable for players. I would like to hire someone to look into some of these so he can tell me what the code is doing both on the client's side and the game company's too if possible. I imagine that it will be expensive but I don't know what kind of person I'd need to hire for the job. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

And no, I am not looking for scripts, hacks or whatever. I am merely looking into hidden stats to further theorycrafting for this game in particular.
>>
>>54354887
There's two places you can look, client-side code, and the data going between client and server. Stuff only on their server is impossible to analyze.

Also that pic is doing strange things to my boner.
>>
>>54354887
See if you can figure things out by monitoring network traffic. I haven't done it myself, but I know people have done such things before.

And then there's typical reverse engineering shit for the client.
>>
>>54354903
>Stuff only on their server is impossible to analyze.
That's a bummer. What about the packets and the client sided stuff? We're not talking really arcane shit. For example, a weapon on this game says that it scales X stat per level of enhancement. However, it neither states whether it's a fixed linear per level thing or whether it goes higher as the level increases. This makes it a nightmare to figure out how strong some things are and so I am willing to pay hundreds of dollars for this information. Not thousands though, I'm not that loaded.

>>54354926
I have no programming knowledge, I am simply interested in theorycrafting for this game and wish to hire someone witch skills to dig into the code and tell me what's up.
>>
>>54354887
>theorycrafting
>>
>>54354887
what game
>>
It's going to be eve, I can feel it
>>
>>54354887
>Pure lesbian love
>>
File: 1461696948899.png (276 KB, 586x634) Image search: [Google]
1461696948899.png
276 KB, 586x634
>>54354887
>tfw this is the only picture from this series/artist/whatever
>>
>>54359761
hi miles
>>
>>54354887
Dumb anime poster
>>
>>54359798
Kill yourself tripfag
>>
>>54354887
Sauce?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.