[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone here ever gotten DirectX 11 working on windows xp?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (22 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
22 KB, 1280x720
has anyone here ever gotten DirectX 11 working on windows xp? searching the web mostly came up with "hurr just upgrade" and some sketchy looking russian hacks.

as to why - I have an interest in using OBS (requires DX11) on windows XP to run some older games that require full hardware acceleration.
>>
File: DirectX_1_logo.png (11 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
DirectX_1_logo.png
11 KB, 175x175
>Controversially, the original name for the DirectX project was the "Manhattan Project", a reference to the US nuclear weapons initiative. Alex St. John, head of Microsoft DirectX evangelism at the time, claims that the connotation of the ultimate outcome of the Manhattan Project (the nuclear bombing of Japan) is intentional, and that DirectX and its sister project, the Xbox (which shares a similar logo), were meant to displace Japanese videogame-makers from their dominance of the video-game industry. However, Microsoft publicly denies this account, instead claiming that the logo is merely an artistic design.

holy shit
>>
You're at a crossroads, OP. Either get a more recent version of Windows (on a separate machine or HDD if you must), or accept the ways of the Slavic sages.

There are no easy workarounds for this sort of thing, because the easy workaround is to say goodbye to the Luna theme and the search window dog, and move on to a more recent version of Windows.
>>
>>54287213
>America being this racist
Eight years of Obama weren't enough.
>>
>>54287162
dual boot
>>
>>54287213
>Alex St. John
god that guy is a jackass
>>
>>54287245
>>54287263
i stated my reasons in the OP, and i'm not interested in going further into it.

i'm interested in hearing on a purely technical level if anyone has achieved this

>>54287285
i stumbled upon his blog and.. wow
www.alexstjohn.com/WP
>>
>>54287213
BASED
>>
>>54287260
kill yourself
>>
Actually, OP, the only sane solution might be to get a separate monitor capture card that you plug between your XP box and your monitor. Then you can use OBS on a separate modern machine. Since those older games can run on any modern potato computer or laptop, you can easily game on any laptop while record and/or stream on your main DX11-powered rig.
>>
>>54287419
>replying to obvious bait
>>
>>54287162
Run XP in a VM, and capture that.
>>
>>54287162
What older games are talking about exactly?
>>
>>54288175
B-But baits are meant to be replied, anon.
>>
>>54289647
this
>>
>>54287162
Why would you put XP on a machine that has the hardware to support DirectX11?
>>
>>54292171
two fucking lines of text in OP and you were too lazy to read them
>>
>>54287162
try compatibility mode
>>
>>54290592
VMs do not have access to the video card
>>
>>54288156
this looks like the only thing I can do, but it's an expensive kludge.
>>54289647
this works for most 2D games (not all) and some 3D games with software rendering available. anything that requires hardware rendering will not run, though
>>
>>54287162
actually some russians manage to get dx11 on xp, so they're not 'sketchy'. take it for what it is, or update to botnet 10, goy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.