[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA's budget poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1425757668627.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425757668627.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Should NASA receive federal funding /g/?
NASA has in the past promoted many scientific advancements technology and scientific wise, so, should it be funded?

surveymonkey com/r/7P6JVLL
>>
>>51303782
Just FYI, but I found out recently that NASA actually makes a 7:1 return on tax money year-per-year, and it's a lot more efficient with their use of funds, compared to government entities like USPS that have been bleeding money to better ran private delivery services like UPS and FedEx. 7:1, as in, for every 1 tax dollar that is provided to NASA, 7 additional tax dollars will come back.

I thought it was bullshit, too, but the guy I was talking to said that NASA functions as a business in an area, and by having NASA around, several NASA contracting companies crop up in the immediate area, bringing jobs, which come with income taxes for employees and salaries which are spent on local services such as food or gas.

I remember that one of my favorite restaurants permanently shut down after an extended 1 month furlough on government jobs, including NASA workers, which made the area for the restaurant dead, and they couldn't make ends meet for an entire month without people coming in to eat. I wondered why it shut down for the longest time, but his statement made a lot more sense when I was able to tie it to that restaurant I ate at.

(It was just a burger joint, but it was real quick, real cheap, and made fresh and great everyday. The lines were usually long, but unlike most places, the line always moved real quick.)
>>
NASA (or any generic space agency) should be one of, if not the largest-funded government agency.
>>
File: sadhomer.png (240 KB, 608x464) Image search: [Google]
sadhomer.png
240 KB, 608x464
nah, i heard nasa was reading everyone's emails
>>
>>51303782
it's better than whatever fucking malaysian cucumber farming department they would create with any money they take from nasa
>>
>>51305457
This.
>>
I support nasa.

I'm not even american.
>>
File: 1428169603957.jpg (3 MB, 6811x3775) Image search: [Google]
1428169603957.jpg
3 MB, 6811x3775
I'm glad to see this thread's not dead.
>>
>>51303782
Slash the fuck out of the military, NSA, etc. NASA is one of the programs that actually deserves funding.
>>
Absolutely. It's been the catalyst for so many great inventions. It's a crime we waste almost $50 on a gas station in Afghanistan, but can't give NASA more.

I'd say slash the bloated defense budget and give half of that to NASA, the other half to education, and push for more STEM, so NASA can have more talent.
>>
>>51306131
>Slash the fuck out of the military
Fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>51306257
Because bombing sand villages sure keeps America safe.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.