[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/. I know this was probably handled several times on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10
Dear /g/.

I know this was probably handled several times on this board, but I still have my doubts.

It is about infamous Windows 10 telemetry and data gathering.

As a phd student, I have legit copy of Win10 "Edu" version, aka fancy named Enterprise. Naturally, I dont want too much of info collected, especially since I handle my and other people work on my machine. "Too much" as in "no more than Windows 7 collects" (pre-telemetry updates, thats it).

Article

http://www.redgamingtech.com/windows-10-privacy-settings-how-to-stop-it-spying-on-you-what-you-need-to-know/

claims that I can disable the most problematic aspects with turning off options in privacy settings, killing DIAGTRACK and DMWAPPUSHSERVICE services, disabling OneDrive, turning off sharing Wi-Fi and telemetry at Group Policy (no need to edit registry at Edu/Ent).

Naturally, "disabling" telemetry only sets its level at "0", aka "security level".

Microsoft own site

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/disconnect-your-organization-from-microsoft#bkmk-moreutc

claims that this "security" level collects:

>Connected User Experience and Telemetry component settings. If data has been gathered and is queued to be sent, the Connected User Experience and Telemetry component downloads its settings file from Microsoft servers. The data collected by the client for this request includes OS information, device id (used to identify what specific device is requesting settings) and device class (for example, whether the device is server or desktop).

This sounds pretty much like what Windows 7 is collecting right now.

>Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) The MSRT infection report contains information, including device info and IP address.

But at the same time:

>You can turn off the MSRT infection report. No MSRT information is included if MSRT is not used. If Windows Update is turned off, MSRT will not be offered to users.

(cont in next post, field too long)
>>
(continuation)

And third element collected:

>Windows Defender. Windows Defender requires some information to function, including: anti-malware signatures, diagnostic information, User Account Control settings, Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings, and IP address.

But again:

>This reporting can be turned off and no information is included if a customer is using third party antimalware software, or if Windows Defender is turned off.

So basically either disabling Defender or using any other AV removes this report.

In the end, it claims that at level "0", it only report to MS that my machine exist.

>No user content, such as user files or communications, is gathered at the Security telemetry level, and we take steps to avoid gathering any information that directly identifies a company or user, such as name, email address, or account ID. However, in rare circumstances, MSRT information may unintentionally contain personal information. For instance, some malware may create entries in a computer's registry that include information such as a username, causing it to be gathered. MSRT reporting is optional and can be turned off at any time.

I heard about the infamous settings reset, but it turned out to be a bug - MS disabled that big update and released again fixed.

/g/ is often full of "BOTNET" posts all the time somebody mention Win10. Are those informations provided by above links enough? Or I am missing something?

Thank you for any reply or advice, like always.
>>
install ganoo
>>
>>54132156
>Are those informations provided by above links enough?
They are but /g/ is full of 16 year olds who don't like to be wrong so they'll just call you and the authors of the links shills.
>>
>>54132197

Whats with all this "shill" posting? I mean, Im just asking, not praising the company.

>>54132175

Cant. A lot of software I use for work are Windows only (I dont even have source code to re-compile at any Linux distro. Yes, they were all made at uni, for specific tasks), same as various commercial ones like Origin or Solidworks.
>>
>>54132152
>going through this much trouble to run harmful software
Wincucks, when will they learn?
>>
>>54132255

What trouble? Reading one or two articles? Typing three lines in cmd? Turning off few settings?

Of course, I would prefer to have my OS working like that right after installation but Im aware that I have to adjust any OS I run to my needs.

Besides, this is still not the answer to my question.
>>
Some dev from Microsoft admitted there's no way to fully prevent that Win10 sends back keystrokes and info about what's on your PC (no, not just your "habits" or whatever they like to call it), so even with a gazillion tricks to disable everything I could never use it with confidence.
>>
>>54132357

Could you provide more info about those opinions from said devs?

I heard about the keystrokes sending problem, yet I assumed that said collection is linked to services like Edge, Cortana, Skype, their apps and so on. I already saw something similar in Nvidia drivers EULA, where they first claim that they might gather very personal info, only to turn out that the collection is linked with their "GeForce Experience" software provided with drivers (that dont have to be installed in order to have driver work properly and can be ticked off in installation).

But if you have different information, please provide.

Naturally, I have to filter out rumors, but I want to collect as much info as possible before that.
>>
>>54132307
you have no fucking idea what code is running on your machine or what instructions it is executing.
>>
>>54132431

With closed software Im sure I dont in 100%, but in large part, probably yes.

But do you claim that those articles I liked are lies?
>>
>>54132454
kek, nope.png
>>
>>54132454

*linked
>>
>>54132461

"Nope" to first or second sentence?

And just in case - I wont switch to Linux, cant do that due to reasons I mentioned before so no need to evangelize me on that matter.

I just want to know if steps described in those two articles are enough or not.
>>
>>54132505
You won't, nor will anyone, know for sure what information is being sent back to redmond. Part of it is encrypted, leaving you no idea what is contained within. This will let you know the author is full of shit when you read something that claims that no info is sent back. Read the EULA it should tell you that Microsoft will take what they want, when they want it if it benefits them in some way.
It should be already well known Microsoft is a proud, founding partner with the NSA and their data collection practices. They are literally in bed with each other.
Tech sites, and authors have much to gain from Microsoft for writing positive articles.
Remember, you should be highly sceptical when some journalist claims no info is being sent back. It's encrypted NO ONE KNOWS.
>>
>>54132505
The only way to stop the data being sent back, even on enterprise, is to block it at the router. A hardware solution, not software, is the only way to stop it.
>>
File: nig.jpg (7 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
7 KB, 300x187
HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAH (pause to take breath) HAHAHAHAHAH

1. install gnu+linux
2. install wine-dev
3. install your stinky proprietary software used by your "university"
>>
>>54132505
NSA leaked all of Nokia's business plans and secrets to the competitors when they didn't backdoor their software. This is fact.
>>
>>54132152
>phd
>not using linux

wew lad
>>
>>54132152
I don't see the point why you're not using wine to run your university stuff?
>>
>>54132152
The difference is that in 7 and 8, you don't have to install the updates that have diag tracking. They won't even be on your machine if you don't want them. W10 was designed from the ground up to collect as much information as possible about the user, the habits, the programs, and the data contained on the machine.
>>
>>54132656
Good luck running solid works
>>
>>54132676
Any link on that m8?
>>
>>54132152
spend 1-2 hours fucking with settings to stop data mining
update, which you have no control over, re-enables all settings by default.
It's almost like Microsoft is trying to mine your data, and doesn't give a shit about you. Why even try?
>>
>>54132691
He's a candidate, not a real PhD. And he's dumb enough to believe biased journos, and fucking Microsoft, for chrisakes
>>
>>54132156
Install gentoo and try running windows 10 as a virtual machine that isn't connected to the internet.
>>
>>54132813

10/10
>>
>>54132813
Kek
>>
>>54132775
After they were crippled, they teamed up with Microsoft in 2011. Now all phone data (running windows phone)is sent back to foreign servers. Finnish government had major security concerns with this arrangement, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>54132152
Install Gentoo
>>
>>54132255
>>54132307
>can install Loonix from scratch in command line , compile obscure distributions for many days straight and fix broken shit going in every system related folder, while spending a lot of time searching for how to fix it
>can't look in settings for 10 minutes to turn some privacy related stuff off

Why is /g/ so retarded?
>>
>>54132777
You're a mirco-sheep
>>
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10#External_links

You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>54132597

>literally in bed
>literally

credibility lost
>>
>>54133146
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Talk:Windows_10

Scroll down and check that huge list as well.
>>
>>54132249
>Whats with all this "shill" posting?
/g/ can't accept being wrong
>>
shit related to your work isnt being sent back you fucking dingus.
>>
>>54133226
>/g/ can't accept being wrong
We aren't wrong, you are being spied on, Pajeet.

Poo in the loo.
>>
>>54133243
>/g/ posts article about how much windows 10 phones home from voat/forbes
>gets btfo and shown to be completely retarded and biased by this http://www.zdnet.com/article/when-it-comes-to-windows-10-privacy-dont-trust-amateur-analysts/
>the only response is calling zdnet shills

>/g/ posts webm showing """spying""" on enterprise ltsb
>/g/ is shown to be retarded and don't even have basic skills to look up ips when they turn out to be update packets and local network packets
>another recording is made doing the same thing
>no packets to microsoft to be found
>called shill

piss in the toilet, not in a bottle, richard
>>
>>54132620

The deal is - I know that Windows 7 send some data back as well. I want to know, if I can bring W10 to W7 level of talking back.

I heard about this rather brute solution before but given that they use a lot of different IPs for different services, I dont think this is truly the proper solution. The best would be if I could set it inside the OS - either by Group Policy, overall settings or even registry editing.

>>54132597

>This will let you know the author is full of shit when you read something that claims that no info is sent back.

Those two links dont claim that nothing is being sent back - the second specify the data being sent at all telemetry levels and I wanted to be sure that I understood it properly.

>Read the EULA it should tell you that Microsoft will take what they want, when they want it if it benefits them in some way.

Actually, EULA must contain info about all product components. I mentioned about Nvidia case, another one that first came to my mind was how Paradox would point out data gathering in their EULA for one of their games, only to have it presented as voluntary program.

Im pretty sure that if I would use Skype, Windows Store, OneDrive, Cortana (funny enough, my version lacks Cortana at all - language barier) or another "Apps" already included, instead of their counterparts, they would collect more data than I would want them to.

>Tech sites, and authors have much to gain from Microsoft for writing positive articles.

Like mentioned before, I dont want to operate on rumors and wont accurse anybody for selling, until I will get hard proof that what they say is a lie, made in exchange for something.

Come to think about it, if I woul design software that would collects potentially personal info, I would make sure to encrypt it, to reduce the risk of third party putting their hands on it.

>>54132656

I have both Mint and Windows 7 at my PC at work and I can already tell you that this wont work.

Wine is far from perfect.
>>
>>54132676

I need hard proof on that, not speculations.

>>54132691
>>54132793

Like I mentioned before, a lot of soft I use is Windows only. In my field, both Windows and Linux are being used, for proper tasks (like light Linux distros in measurement stations, containing only the most needed components and working on toasters).

And why I shouldnt believe them? Because they are "one of them" or something?

>>54132721

I tried, a lot are not working properly under Wine. Those with source code could be recompiled under my distro, rest dont.

>>54133345

This make this whole digging for facts much harder than it should be.

Which is why I still ask this question or decided to make thread like that, only bringing something to back up one of statements, so I wont come empty handed.
>>
>>54133146

The first link I assume is the infamous story of Windows sending screenshoot of desktop, that was already called bullshit numerous times over /g/. Same for next video.

Here is another /g/ user that claims that above are false: https://youtu.be/sF5U4tAzQZc

Next three claims that OS was trying to connect to MS numerous times. Nothing about what exactly it tries to do (sending files? trying to set up connection? telling MS it still lives?), just connecting. Links I provided in first post dont denny that Windows tries to connect with MS.

My Windows 7 connects too. I want to know, if I can bring 10 to 7's level.
>>
>>54132152
Just install and run Spybot Anti-Beacon. Problem solved.
>>
>>54133894

All those "magic" applications do should be doable by user without them. I tend to avoid those, not just because there are tons of them and I dont really trust half of such, but because of the thing I mentioned at start - if there are stepps I can do without third party program, then why I need it?

I dont expect to put black box on my PC, press the button and expect all my problems magically vanish.
>>
>>54133971
It just makes things quicker.
The company behind Spybot were pretty reputable before Windows 10 if that helps
>>
>>54134099

Sounds reasonable.

There still remains the question if the stepps it takes really prevent the most problematic talking. So far, Im closer to opinions like >>54133345 or >>54132197 but I keep digging.
>>
>>54134099
>It just makes things quicker.
This. Anti-beacon tells you explicitly what it is it's doing (i.e. which registry values it's changing or which services it's disabling), it's just faster than doing it manually.
>>
>>54133971
>I dont expect to put black box on my PC, press the button and expect all my problems magically vanish.

installs window 10 and doesn't want a black box on his computer
>>
I don't really understand the point of this topic. It's a fact that Microsoft more or less does data gathering their consumers. They have been doing it ever since spending billion dollars on Bing. The purpose of Bing is being more then search engine, but it uses the same business model that Google's search engine invented.

You do realize that Window 10 is embedded wIth Bing?
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/267798/microsoft-sees-windows-10-increase-demand-for-bing.html

https://gigaom.com/2013/03/12/microsofts-next-chapter-putting-bing-tech-inside-our-homes-and-data-centers/
>>
>install gentoo
>install virtualization software
>install windows 7 and disallow it access to the internet
>install solidworks
>if anything needs to be sent in a email etc. just move it out of the virtual machine
>>
>>54134223
>I don't really understand the point of this topic.

The point could be summed in "this is the info that claims how I can set W10 privacy on W7 level" statement asking for second opinion.

Despite many users liking to scream "BOTNET" at regular manner, you guys are still the best place I could ask about those concerns.

Yes, I know about they doing this "more or less", just prefer the "less" than "more".
>>
>>54133345
Fuck you, install gentoo.
>>
>>54134367
>you guys are still the best place I could ask about those concerns

Yes, because asking a bunch of linux users who are disconnected from reality for help with serious technical matters that requires facts is really the best idea.
>>
>>54132152
Just install windows 7 or 8.1, the botnet has been backported to those versions but at least you can somewhat remove it. You won't be missing out on much by not using win 10.
>>
>>54134567

Still having more tech knowledge than typical userbase of typical forum.

And Im tired of hearing "do you have something to hide?" or "but gogle tracks you anyway, so why care?" in response.

>>54134591

I run Windows 7 right now, but I get closer and closer to moment when I will have to set up new machine and do fresh install and it is always easier to grab latest OS than installing older ones and waste day or two on installing all those updates released so far (and filter out unwanted ones).
>>
>>54134677
Installing/removing those older updates after an install of windows 7/8.1 is less of a pain in the ass than disabling the botnet over and over again every time windows 10 decides to update without your permission... Take the cortana voice assistant for instance: it cannot be disabled at all unless you quickly change the filename of the cortana package in the split second between killing the process and it restarting itself. Even if you disable it this way, windows 10 will fix it every time it updates without warning. Trust me anon, you'd rather stick with 7/8.1 because you can just remove the botnet and forget about it in those versions. In windows 10, there is no escaping the botnet.
>>
>>54135000
But its ok when google reverts their apps back to the defaults?
>>
What you talking about?
>>
>>54135277
Meant for:
>>54135157
>>
>>54135000

Actually, just wanted to say that my version lacks Cortana at all, unless I would decide to install English one and that Edu is just Enterprise named different way, so it can ignore updates. Also, from what I know, this "reset on update" happened only once and was linked to a bug.

As for 7/8.1 - I have both, one on laptop and one on desktop and dont really like the 8.1 at all.

At the same time Im aware that 7 will be supported for next 4 years but what after?
>>
>>54132152
>>54132156
You're not very smart if you read labels, click buttons and think you're safe.

There are too much to consider and even when you carefully disabled every single intrusive setting / feature - it still communicates with Microsoft.

Just install Linux and get rid of this.
You desperately need windows for a specific software? See if it runs smoothly trough virtualization ( with internet cut down for that machine ) or dual boot with internet cut down... problem fixed.
>>
Op is cringe as fuck and responds like a redditor.
>>
obviously op is either an hardcore roleplayer or is part of a shitty university

if latter, get gassed.
if former, also get gassed
>>
>>54135449
It's not so much a reset on update, it's more that you have to manually break packages in order to disable telemetry features and then windows update fixes those breaks with every update... Which sucks because you can't put off updating forever, you need to get security patches eventually. I use linux for prettymuch everything anyways, I only boot into windows for doing things wine can't handle.

tldr: install gentoo
>>
>>54135607

Because I question both sides?

>>54135557

I dont mid it communicates with MS. Like I said numerous times in this thread, I use Windows versions since my very first PC, Im using 7 right now since last 5 years or so (without reinstallation).

Im not against them activating legal copy, I dont mind them informing that my PC exist, I dont mind the level of information described in official articles about telemetry "level 0", crash reports on BSODs and such.

Im against providing info without my knowledge. Im against collecting keystrokes. I could provide them with, for example, dxdiag report on regular manner, for improvement purposes but only if it would be ME who would accept this and give order.

I want to know, what else is there left, after those deals described above and if they are real or only based on rumors or biased tests. Im on my way to become sciencist, for hell sake, do you think that my supervisor would accept any of my statements without hard proofs? The questionign is not about liking somebody or not, it is about making statements worth anything.
>>
>>54135804

Does it really reset everything on every update you have?
>>
>>54135899
you appear as a retarded goy, not an uber shill in disguise from some shitty university

homo
>>
>>54135937
no ,just use it lol
>>
>>54135966

And thats because I dont agree with you or what? Because I dont see other reasons.
>>
>>54135899
Why do you have to write so many text lines to tell us something so simple?
You're literally stubborn - you cannot stop it, your data will lea no matter what you do.

But for the sake of answering you there is so much left to do:

Disable services:
DiagTrack
dmwappushservice
diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service
WMPNetworkSvc
RetailDemo

Then block all of them trough firewall rule also block WSearch.

Remove tasks ( some of them that I found to be most intrusive )
http://pastebin.com/ikA6qCMi

Now block the domains/ip's trough host files, trough firewall rules and most importantly trough router or third party firewall.
http://pastebin.com/UgQSd88s

Now here's a list of genera intrunsive settings, their registry directly.

http://pastebin.com/vZ0U6qZ5

Also as said in the article I hope you probably created a group policy to block cortona, search, defender, onedrive and other stuff - because we can't bother with removing them entirely .. it's too much and time consuming - group policy works just fine.

Also to disable P2P update upload:
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config' DWORD and name: 'DODownloadMode' 0
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config' DWORD and name: 'DODownloadMode' 0
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization' DWORD and name: 'DODownloadMode' 0
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization' DWORD and name: 'DODownloadMode' 0
HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization' DWORD and name: 'SystemSettingsDownloadMode' 0
HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization' DWORD and name: 'SystemSettingsDownloadMode' 0
>>
>>54135937
Not everything... but if you disable a package that microsoft doesn't want you to disable by breaking the package (which is the only way you can disable packages like cortana), windows update will "fix" it. Also, I've occasionally found that after an update my privacy settings have been reset to defaults but I'm not sure if that was a bug or the botnet.

>>54135899
Dude, microsoft has been collecting keystrokes as part of crash reports since day one, there's no way they could process the keystrokes of the entire windows userbase 24/7 and even if they could why would they care about you? Just make sure you use a local account on your machine instead of a windows account and don't use any of their cloud services like skype, outlook, onedrive etc if you don't want to share your data with them.
>>
Windows Vista/7/8 collects data now, too. Microsoft backported the botnet from 10 to older OSes so you wouldn't have an excuse to not update to 10.

Time to move to GNU or *BSD.
>>
>>54136149
Linux or BSD yes.
>>
>>54136155
Or templeOS :^)
>>
>>54135993
are u op

if so, you got btfo

if not, get gassed
>>
>>54136120

Thanks, another info to my collection.

>>54136131

>Dude, microsoft has been collecting keystrokes as part of crash reports since day one, there's no way they could process the keystrokes of the entire windows userbase 24/7 and even if they could why would they care about you?

Well, they could simply stop collecting them in first place ;_;

>Also, I've occasionally found that after an update my privacy settings have been reset to defaults but I'm not sure if that was a bug or the botnet.

Sad to hear.
>>
>>54136155
Linux is the kernel. GNU is the OS. Do you call Windows "NTOSKRNL.EXE"?
>>
>>54136175

Such a deep argumentation, makes people speachless.

>>54136149

Those updates were listed since long time and everybody concern about that removed them already anyway.
>>
>>54136182
Yea it's just a collection of text because it doesn't do much - no setting will remove the botnet is its handwritten inside the core files.

It's just delusions you got spoon feed with
But seriously gtfo to reddit you don't seem to blend in here, you're retarded and reddit material 100%.
>>
>>54136202
They're part of essential updates.
>>
File: stallman.jpg (89 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
89 KB, 800x484
>>54136209
I agree with this guy.
>>>/gtfo/
>>
if i use clonezilla to clone the windows partition can i hack said clone to use it on a non validated computer?
>>
File: ms_shills.jpg (4 MB, 6024x5624) Image search: [Google]
ms_shills.jpg
4 MB, 6024x5624
>>54132249
>Whats with all this "shill" posting?
because there is strong evidence that there are legitimately paid shills who post on this board to try and improve windows 10's image
>>
>>54136251
>strong evidence
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
File: 1459636805788.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
1459636805788.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
>>54136268
did I not just post a screenshot with observational evidence? Here's another, I have a whole folder
>>
>>54136215

Like if you cant simply hide/uninstall any update you want.

You do read the each update describtion, right?

>>54136209

I dont want to ruin whole conversation so far, but the pro-windows posters from this thread and those guys from links I posted makes more solid argumentations.

That was the whole point.

I dont like this whole "GO BACK 2REDDIT" talk that comes out whenever somebody dont agree with "main line". Sorry, I post a lot on /v/ too and there everybody, who dont call most games shit is called "shill" or "redditor". Especially if games in question are popular.

Hate to say this, but /g/ is awfuly like /v/ sometimes.

No offense.
>>
>>54136268
>citation needed
>provides image that does exactly that
MICROSOFT YOU FUCKING DUMBFUCK SHILLS GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>54136318
Damn you write so much and it's still shit at the end.
It's like you're a professional waste of space.
>>
>>54136347

I love you too.
>>
>>54136251
>>54136325
>>54136280
>posts photoshopped shit and calls it "strong evidence"
>>
>>54136318
>hide/uninstall an ESSENTIAL FUCKING UPDATE IMPORTANT TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR OS
Microsoft, just stop. You're comically bad at trying to push your obsolete botnet OS at this point. Just stop. Admit defeat. It's okay. You had a good run. Go out on top. Your owners have billions of goddamn dollars. Leave gracefully before you fucking ruin your company and you're all broke. Okay?

Please.
>>
>>54136318
Install gentoo or GTFO
>>
>>54136383

Not every single one is really "essential", if it is placed in "security" category. Win10 update tools were placed here too and all they did was just preparing your OS for possible upgrade.

I read what each update do before installation. MS pushed some "security" updates too early in the past few times already. I try to be at least partially aware of what my OS is doing. Why dont you?
>>
>>54136383
>not wanting microsoft to go broke and die
I'm sure they'll go broke eventually if they keep this up, we just have to put up with their dying moans.
>>
File: 1459683902292.png (3 MB, 1364x9785) Image search: [Google]
1459683902292.png
3 MB, 1364x9785
>>54136366
you can google all of these post numbers and find them in the archive if you really want to. Or just hang around. In about 12 hours (around lunch time in India) the shill posts will start rolling in again
>>
>>54136442
Or you could use an OS that doesn't play these kinds of fucking games.

You fucking paid MS shill dumbfuck.

Just stop.

Admit defeat.

Go out on top.

It's okay. Sshhhh. Only dreams now.
>>
>>54136442
>why don't you?
Please talk to me when you've installed gentoo.
>>
>>54136479

All I did from the start was asking questions and pointing out either wrong statements or things that were omitted/not fully explained.

And when I dont want to follow the stream of popular theories, you call me a "shill".

Holy fuck, Im not allowed to question the "one and only truth" anymore or what? How much of paranoid are you?
>>
>>54136513
Lurk moar newfag
>>
>>54136513
Using Windows in 2016 is wrong. Defending it with bullshit statements like "just look at the release notes bro they will totally tell you where the botnet they hide is!" is so fucking dumb and retarded that only shills would dare be so audacious.
>>
>>54136537

This thread is part of lurking.
>>
>>54136561

But you dont give me any reasons to dismiss those articles, other than "paid jouralists" or "they would never reveal the true range of botnet".

Few people here tried and Im investigating those new info. But way too much just go with "but we said it is botnet already, why you keep asking questions".
>>
>>54136619
Tell your boss your trolling attempt failed, shill.

No trolling bonus for you today!
>>
if i use clonezilla to clone a windows partition can i hack said clone so i wont gave to validate it on a separate computer if i change the drives location? Please i just want to use anydvd and linux isn't supported. Plus the firmware on my disc drives\ can only change regions about 5 or six times before its locked.
>>
File: images-46.jpg (4 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
images-46.jpg
4 KB, 257x196
>>54136619
>>
File: 1459773432616.webm (1 MB, 1718x938) Image search: [Google]
1459773432616.webm
1 MB, 1718x938
>>54136619
what do you expect us to tell you? It's a closed source OS, so nothing will prove or disprove any spying. All we can tell you is that windows 10 sends back way more data than 7 or 8.1. It's """free""", it's shitty and broken, user options were deprecated, and it's being pushed aggressively at the cost of the user. Microcuck is known to work with law enforcement and is a part of PRISM. If you don't care about that shit, more power to you. Regardless of what articles you link the terms of use basically states that anything can be tracked.

No one on /g/ cares about it. No actual /g/ user would make this kind of thread because they know it will end up like this, which is why you're being called a shill and told to lurk moar. Hell, I'm predominantly a wangblows user and I don't want this shit here.

Go to /r/windows10 and circlejerk with the shills there, no one here wants you or cares what you have to say. They'll give you all the rationalizations and assurances you need.

No one wants you here.
>>
>>54136727
i never understood why the person who made this video moves the windows to the side to show the packet capture. everything after 10-11 seconds where the settings menu pops up is traffic not going to microsoft, it is traffic caused by the user not telemetry or anything.
>>
>>54136727

>No actual /g/ user would make this kind of thread because they know it will end up like this

With that approach the problem will forever remain unsolved.

Sad to hear but thanks for clarifying that.

I still know a bit more with each such thread, only this time I started one myself. Despite the shitposting, it still result in some little advance and due to nature of my field of interest, I have to learn to filter out valuable info out of sea of shit anyway.

Again, no offense, but sometimes when I see the most "hardlocked" Windows defenders and the "anti-botnet brigade" I cant tell the difference - they both wont accept arguments from opposing side.

Time to sleep. And thanks again, for you and other people posting. I dont expect this problem to be solved in single thread, but Im slowly getting closer. And better to know more than less.
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>>54136727
>No actual /g/ user would make this kind of thread

Yeah, youve got it all figured out dont you...
>>
>>54136846
>the problem will be forever unsolved
Not if you install gentoo
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>54136846
You're such a psuedo-intellectual reddit cuck it makes my eyes bleed, please kill yourself.
>>
>>54132454
Yeah it's enough.

If your doing only uni stuff on windows, that is. Do everything else on your mint partition and your golden.
>>
>>54132152
reddit is not this way bro
>>
>>54136200
No, neither do I call GNU/Linux vmlinuz.
>>
>>54137026
>>54136971

Because when all else fails, better come to those "ad hominem" and other "arguments".

How cute.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.