[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are cable and satellite companies going to deliver 4k over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 4KUltraHDLogos.jpg (112 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
4KUltraHDLogos.jpg
112 KB, 750x423
How are cable and satellite companies going to deliver 4k over the current infrastructure we have now in the US?

They're barely doing 1080p and the compression is so bad it might as well be a YIFY rip.

How bad is the bitrate going to be if they ever decide to do it?
>>
>>53934827
they're just not going to do it
>>
>>53934827
They won't. The infrastructure just can't take it and they can't be bothered to upgrade it, as traditional television won't survive until then anyway.

I don't know about the USA, but in this country television is as good as dead. Whenever I visit my parents and the television is on I notice that simply nothing new happens. It's the same stupid faces, the same stupid shows as ten years ago.
>>
>>53934827
>YIFY meme
>implying YIFY rips were not better than 98% of the trash that would make its way onto public trackers.

Seems like you know the answer to your question: they won't. Not until the current infrastructure is more advanced. Anyway, there is barely any content being filmed in 4K yet, let alone being broadcast. You realise that for any TV production crew that has invested in the equipment necessary for making their TV series available in 1080p, it costs a lot of money to refresh their whole arsenal of cameras.
>>
>>53934827
Same as in Germany. They can't sell IPTV as a lot people like me still sit on 2-3 Mbit.

Its like the consoles, they'll maybe do stable 60Hz 1080p by 2020, 4K TV will be standard in 2035, when 16-32K screens arrive (8K screens already exist at this time).
>>
>>53934987
>YIFI defenders on /g/
How did this normie get here?
>>
>>53934827
Cable and satellite are dead

Things like Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Netflix are going to kill them anyway
>>
>>53934827
Cable does TVoIP for the most part. Also no one streams 1080p, it's MPEG-2 1080i at 30 Mbps. If they were to stream MPEG-4 1080i at 30 Mbps TV quality would improve greatly. But normies wouldn't notice the difference, so they have no reason to do that.
>>
>>53935633
>>>53934827 (OP)
>Cable and satellite are dead
>Things like Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Netflix are going to kill them anyway
Out of all the things you mentioned only Netflix is anything outside the US
>>
>>53935707
The other services will catch on, at least equivalents for them

It just makes sense from a consumer stand point
>>
Lifi. Transfers 300gb/s
>>
>>53935633

This

The Jew owned TV industry is going the way of the dodo bird.
>>
>>53935605
Once upon a time the scene was an orderly place, with release groups upholding a high standard for their product. Things have changed. If you're truly concerned about quality rips, YIFY should be the least of your worries.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.