[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MathML in Emacs for Web
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: nlwGg.png (16 KB, 390x425) Image search: [Google]
nlwGg.png
16 KB, 390x425
I see many tedious but no easy way of creating a website with tables of MathML-based equations. I want to use Emacs, but is there a better way like how Mathematica and Word handle equations interactively?

When I write a page for my website, I use web-mode in Emacs with a CSS file open on the side. It's nothing complicated, as every page is only static HTML5. I want to eventually write a CGI engine to process little scripts that stand-in for pages, which I will eventually do.

However, for now, if I have a table, I use orgtbl-mode, and I use radios to generate HTML5 from Org tables. But how would I embed an equation not as a picture but as multi-line MathML?

The only way I see is by having the last column of some Org table be of unbound length, then have a little Elise function read and write from and to the cell, with an interactive Gui opened in the interim for modifying the MathML. This cell is just flattened MathML.

I am rather new to emacs, and I am stuck on Windows for now. Without inventing this GUI, how would I solve my problem?
>>
>>53925233
>h2 without a corresponding h1
absolutely disgusting.jpg
>>
>>53925280
Blame random bloggers.
>>
I almost have this, but it lacks easy shortcuts.

I make a MathML string in Mathematica of one line . This is my "equation designer". Note Mathematica likes to randomly insert newlines if the window width is too small.

I copy and paste this string into the cell I am interested in.

Wala, success, except the orgtbl-to-html translator (elisp) thinks I want to represent the cell literally.

Next is to find the translator and either have a directory variable telling it "yes, I want you to act retarded", or store that variable in the column, or override that function either in a new hook to web-mode or else as a global redefinition in my . Emacs file.

Can anyone help?
>>
Well okay so I add :noescape t.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Radio-tables.html

Inhibits escaping five or so special characters.
>>
>>53926687
But this does not inhibit escaping < or >. Nooo, how the hell do I reimplement this....
>>
Son of a gun, finally. There are two special-character escapes available for an Org major- or minor-mode exporter. An orgtbl translator is somehow a subset of the exporter. There is a :noescape t thing, that inhibits escaping some characters, but to use raw html brackets < and >, one must use @@html:...@@ where the ellipses are replaced with html, or any other characters that shouldn't be escaped.

Link:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html#Quoting-HTML-tags

Holy crap I hate you all, you talk about emacs all day but not one of you know about it. Then there are IRCs and WeeChats and Noosgroups and what the fuck man.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.