[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/MAG/ Mobile App General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: datass.gif (2 MB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
datass.gif
2 MB, 245x400
Mobile App dev general:

ITT:
Games For mobile
General Apps for mobile
Xamarin Has been open sourced. I know lot's of you faggots hate C#, but I've been using for 6 months now and absolutely love it. I now can't decide whether I love Java more or C#.

Also How to promote mobile apps? Seriously how the fuck?
>>
File: TimeToDestroyPussies.gif (2 MB, 702x347) Image search: [Google]
TimeToDestroyPussies.gif
2 MB, 702x347
BUMP
>>
- when you're ready to release your app to the store, upload the APK and wait for it to get approved. once it's approved, contact as many tech sites (that do app reviews obviously) as you can. sometimes you gotta pay. when they respond and tell you that they would like to do a review/are willing to review your app at your compensation, once they do a review that will get you from 100 unique users to 1000 unique users.
then release an update in 2-3 weeks and contact the same websites you contacted earlier. ask, and pay up if necessary. that will make your app familiar to people.

- make nice screenshots. insert some random data into your sqlite db (if it uses it) or make a mock HTTP REST server for your API solely for testing and screenshots.

- post about it on reddit. /r/androiddev and /r/androidapps comes to mind. they'll try anything and will tell you if something's shit.

- if possible, don't ask your friends and family to give it 5 stars. if your app is shit, a bunch of 5 stars makes it seem like even more shit, and gives it a really suspicious vibe.

- test your app on as many devices as possible, on as many different screen resolutions as possible.
samsung has a remote testing lab where you can install your app on a bunch of real samsung devices OTA and interact with it. it lags like fuck, but at least you can make sure your app works on a bunch of samsung devices (they were the most problematic in my experience)

- get a designated dev phone. scavenge craigslist and swappa for cheap phones. minimum to moderate damage doesnt really matter as long as the screen works and the usb port is fully functional. you just need to interact with it. thats all. another option is getting imei locked phones from ebay because they're cheap, but know that that's a really iffy bridge to cross.

- use app crashing tools like crashlytics. i like this because it tells me the exact line of code that my app crashes in as well as the phone details.

good luck.
>>
>>53884631
Thanks Bro very helpful. Any thoughts on Xamarin?

I'm thinking of Expirementing with Unity on my next App just so I get to use Xamarin. It is pretty good being able to share logic across two huge markets.
>>
>>53884705
in all honesty i hate using apps that were made by cross platform tools.

they do the trick, but the end experience, in my experience, is usually terrible. if you want a proof of concept, then sure, use them. but please dont rely on those tools. the scrolling always feels so unnatural. and the boxes are worse than stock. and theres always a ridiculous delay when executing any type of interaction with the app as well.

if you're actually serious about app development, then please, PLEASE write it in Java for Android, Objective-C or Swift for iOS, and C# for Windows Phone. you will be really proud of your work, and your customers will thank you.
>>
>>53884822
I think you have misunderstood what Xamarin does. It's not a cordova like piece of garbage framework (unless you use Xamarin Forms which is shit, I've tried it, don't bother).

You can only share your Business Logic (Like class libraries). Xamarin actually converts C# to Java. So look at it as a mapper. It maps your C# calls to relevant Java android API calls (since Java and C# are very much alike it makes it very easy).

Does the same for IOS. It is in no way a wrapper or a cross platform tool to deploy to both devices with 100% same codebase.
>>
>>53884376
Oh my god that fucking ass, is this real life?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.