[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about the free software dating scene As a twenty year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (25 KB, 646x220) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25 KB, 646x220
Lets talk about the free software dating scene

As a twenty year old single male I think it’s very hard to find a girl who’s actually interested in free software. I’ve had girls jokingly ask to “Netflix and chill” but when I tell her that I don’t use Netflix since Netflix requires proprietary software to stream content, they stop talking to me. And worse if they do stay they think I’m weird since I blocked google IP’s in my host file and we can’t even watch youtube.

I can’t ever seem to get girls to come over to my place and I can’t text them either. Once I get their numbers since I’ve added customs roms to my phone and refuse to use sms since it’s a security concern I require all of my friends to download a free and open source messaging app and I share with them my public gpg key so that we can verify that our conversations are secure. None of my friends are willing to do this.

And I can’t use sites like tinder since it’s not only proprietary software but a major privacy vulnerability. How come it is so hard to find a girl concerned about software freedom.

I feel like I’m going to be a virgin forever.
>>
>>53840485
I get it that you block Google and don't use Netflix, but not using SMS is just over the top.

The fact is the entire technology stack of cellular phones is compromised, and you're fooling yourself if you think you can be safe with a phone. What am I talking about specifically? Look up CCC's lecture on SS7 (track, manipulate ... ). On top of that, all the common RF transreceivers in phones run proprietary code, and they've found attacks to disable the phones with x-byte messages (I think some PhD guy published one at Oxford).

So either deal with the fact that you can't trust your phone and mitigate that risk however you see fit, or just don't carry one at all.

>And I can’t use sites like tinder since it’s not only proprietary software but a major privacy vulnerability.
Get a social hobby. That's how they've done it for the past 40 years.

>How come it is so hard to find a girl concerned about software freedom.
Didn't you just say none of your friends care about software freedom? That's why. Very few people care.
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>53840595
Oh please, >>>/r9k/ is >>>/b/ to the second power nowadays.
>>
>>53840485
Tell her that you won't install various kinds of software onto your computer because you find them immoral. Whatever she does to her computer is not your business and you should make it clear that her computer is not your business i.e. don't "fix" her computer problems. If she uses Netflix on her computer, that's not your problem. If you use her computer for the purpose of using Netflix, then you have a problem.
>>
>>53840485
OP, you aren't going to find a second you. So stop searching for it.

The only way you are going to find a girl who will go along with your autism, is if you find a technologically illiterate girl who doesn't use a computer. So join your local knitting club and find her.

Otherwise you'll have to compromise.
>>
>OP bailed on his own thread in under 10 minutes
Only millennials have this short of an attention span.
>>
>>53840485
This is pasta
>>
>>53840811
/thread
>>
>still chasing girls
>2016
Why? Men are much better. Try finding a hung stud to fuck your bp nightly like I did.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.