[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Capture2.jpg (43 KB, 350x332) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
43 KB, 350x332
Are shills a real problem on /g/, or is it all just trolling/fanboyism?
>>
thinkpad shills are, linux shills are, rest are ironic

Smartphone shills are kids no matter who their shilling
>>
>>53868127
no. street shitters are.
>>
The only trolling / fanboyism is from the NEET crowd who have never actually used Win10, but still insist on spamming the tired "botnet" and "Good work, Pajeet" into Every. Single. Fucking. Thread.

We get it, you decided you don't like Windows because some people on an anime board told you not to like it - move on and let the rest of the grownups actually discuss relevant shit here.

The moderation here really sucks, and has been on a downhill slide since like 2009:

Somewhere along the lines people decided that it was supposed to be an 'anything goes' thing where all the retarded shitposting just gets ignored by the mods.

Now it's like searching for needles in the haystack for actual good information or discussion amongst the trash.
>>
>>53868150
>constant apple/nvidia/microsoft shilling
>ironic
lol
>>
my safe space!
we should all agree /g/
>>
>>53868150
>Linux shills
For who?
The only people who would be paying them is some company like SUSE or Redhat, in which case they'd all be shilling RHEL or SUSE, not /g/ distros like Arch or Gentoo
>>
>>53868150
does it really matter if they're ironic or not if their shitty joke ends up being indistinguishable from the real thing and outright convincing to idiots? has /g/ ironically meme'd actual shilling into existence by themselves?
>>
>>53868127
Sir this is no real "shilling" in this posts, those are trolls who do it to tarnish Microsoft Windows 10 Reputation. Real viral marketing is subtle, agreeable, and effective.
>>
>>53868201
i don't care about windows vs linux and all that shit, i use both. I do care that i come to this board to read tech stuff and i find 10 identical copy paste threads about win fucking who gives a shit 10.
>>
MS shills are real. They're all over reddit, so it's not hard to believe they're here too.
>>
>>53868546
I agree

Wait a minute...
>>
I'll be honest. I've started one of those threads before just to rustle some feathers. It was fun seeing people calling everyone Pajeets.
>>
File: poo in loo shill.png (123 KB, 936x703) Image search: [Google]
poo in loo shill.png
123 KB, 936x703
>>53868598
Yeah I agree with you. To be completely honest, I was the one who created the first "Windows 10 Appreciation Thread" 2 months ago to bait people. All these threads in the op pictures I made are obvious bait too, but shills ARE a real thing on Reddit and comment sections of websites. Go to places like /r/Windows10 on reddit or neowin.net and read some of the comments and tell me they don't sound like complete shilling.
>>
>>53868673
What you saw was a lonely samefag and it's sad really
>>
>>53868673
Dude your threads were kind of lame. At least use proxies when you samefag and put some more effort into the comments.
>>
>>53868201
72 rupees have been deposited into your microsoft windows advocacy account, rajesh.
>>
>>53868127
I reckon maybe 65% of the threads are actual shills based on the awkward language and misinterpretation of g culture, 25% are bait threads and the rest are poor idiots who have become polarised by the back and forth but don't really know enough to care either way

It's all shitposting desu sempai.
>>
>>53868759
how delusional/paranoid do you have to be to honestly think microsoft/nvidia/intel/amd/whomever actually fucking pays people to come to this shithole to shill their products?

i mean, i can see maybe a few "shills" (officially 'social marketers' or some bullshit) on twitter, maybe even on reddit, but here? i don't think they care about a bunch of basement dwelling NEET autistic losers enough to spend money on them.
>>
>>53868201
Whats the weather like in India today?
>>
>>53868201
u mad poojeet?

the majority of people on /g/ are too smart for your paid shilling so now you wanna bitch about it?

POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
>>53868386
they shill for linux to keep themselves autistic to get autism bux
>>
>>53868201
I've used Windows 10 and it's shit
It couldn't even run 1/3 of my games without a shitty error
Glad I went back to 7
>>
>>53869067
like most other days, there's a shitstorm brewing right off the coast.
>>
>>53868127
Unpaid Windows 10 shill checking in here.

I mostly just post to trigger the autistic linux users.

Windows 10 is actually a good OS, it's hilarious how people get so triggered that it "spys" on you, when it's really only doing what Google has been doing for a century now.
>>
>>53869616
Not a huge Win 10 fan, but it appears to do exactly what you want it to.

Congratz anon.
>>
>>53868679
maybe it's taybot. maybe they've sent her to a brainwashing facility and now she shills win10 all day.... poor tay, not like this.
>>
File: ms shill.png (1 MB, 1853x1000) Image search: [Google]
ms shill.png
1 MB, 1853x1000
>>53868127
The shills are real
>>
>>53868201
I have used win 10 and frankly an os that cynically promotes their products or have ads in start is just shameless and unprofessional. I'm so glad I stayed in my comfy Linux distro.
>>
File: pajeet.png (177 KB, 1625x749) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.png
177 KB, 1625x749
>>53872651
https://www.instagram.com/capturedsociety/
rofl
poo in loo tries to be a nigger
>>
>>53868127

some are evident trolls, others are publicist-paid

p.s. I just loaded 4 iterations of windows 7 pro on three used laptops i just bought - w7 works fine
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.