[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started learning JS recently for a side project. Prior languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: js.png (10 KB, 1052x1052) Image search: [Google]
js.png
10 KB, 1052x1052
Started learning JS recently for a side project.

Prior languages programmed in involve python, PHP, minimal C++

Why did no one tell me this language was comfy as fuck?

And no I don't use a framework.
>>
Nice blog
>>
describe why it is comfy
>>
>>53837216
>Why did no one tell me this language was comfy as fuck?

I've posted several times in the past that JS is a good beginner language.

>no need to install bloated IDEs, compilers, SDKs, etc.
>no need to update every week/month
>no libraries and dependencies
>no need to worry about hardware-specific issues
>very easy to debug
>runs on any browser
>>
>>53837216
JS is pretty comfy to work with, but do you want to take this thread towards an actual JS discussion, OP?
>>
>>53837569
Sure thing, general JS thread

One thing I'm currently uncertain about is how tedious the application of JS into web front-end is going to be

From previous web dev experiences, I am convinced that web developers are masochists
>>
>>53837678
I'm a full stack web developer. I try to avoid tediousness and repetition in my code / work, though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this though, so perhaps you could clarify. Tedious in which ways?
>>
>>53837678
It's pretty fucking tedious. Unless you're a master of all trades and know everything about the DOM, CSS, and all the historical reasons for why things are they way they are, you're constantly trying to "just make things work"
>>
>>53837216
No shit. JavaScript is one of the best popular languages.
>>
>>53837678
I have my girlfriend doing web design/html and I add the functionality

I get to do the js, she does the design, it's perfect.
>>
>>53837678

>Used to shitpost about JS a lot
>Got forced to use JS
>Still hated it
>Started using Typescript
>notbad

Since you're going to be stuck with JS at some point in your life, if you happen to hate it, try this.
>>
It's got a rather shitty type system. But otherwise, it isn't terrible. Still, there are many languages I'd rather work in.
>>
>>53838388
Isn't Ruby already dead in webdev scene? Rails is absolute shit when it comes to performance.
>>
There is even more comfier languages out there OP
>>
>>53838629
>People still deploy Wordpress sites so bogged down in shitty plugins, 3 hits/sec is DoS territory
>"lucky I'm not using Rails"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.