[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: laptop.png (116 KB, 341x343) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
116 KB, 341x343
Hey /g/ so i quit gaming a while back and I'm thinking about getting back into it, and i wanted a laptop. I was wondering do you guys think this is a good gaming laptop? Im not trying to go over $750 so what do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/F554LA-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Intel-Windows/dp/B00YR6BN7W?tag=sysprobs-20
>>
and if this isn't a good one what do you guys recommend?
>>
bump, any help?
>>
>>53752704
looks good, bro. if it suffices your needs and budget you should be fine.

look on forums for the common issues associated with it. see what is upgradable and what is not.

there's a thinkpad general in the catalog, so that's probably what the average memester in the board would tell you to buy. they seem to be good and cheap, in fact.

maybe you'd want to have an ssd in your laptop and you could plug that optical drive off, use it externally and have the ssd in there. does that void the warranty? I think so.
>>
>>53752704
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0146DD02G/ref=psdcmw_565108_t2_B00YR6BN7W

Nigguh
>>
>and I'm thinking about getting back into it
Would not recommend
>good gaming laptop
Would not recommend
>>
>>53752704
>gaming laptop
>IGPU

Here's your response, baiter.
>>
>>53752704
Graphics card is too shit for games like COD or anything you can play on console. If you only play minecraft then you should be good.
>>
>>53752704
Make sure the processor is:

Best option in my pov:
i7-4980HQ

followed by
Intel Core I7 6820HK
Intel Core I7 6700HQ

If you want to go cheaper but still a beast:

i7-4710MQ
i7-4710HQ
i7-4720HQ

If you want i5 go with

i5-4210H
i5-4330M
i5-4308U

Someone should complete me and tell you which video card to pair with this - you should go with Nvidia regardless.

Also the most important part alongside all this with an gaming laptop is the cooling - make sure you won't go around 90 celsius at full stress test.
>>
This is perfect, you should be able to theoretically run metro 2033 on high 1080p settings.
>>
>>53753909
Also OP if you insist to go with U - Broadwell, which I don't recommend for gaming go with:

Intel Core i7-6500U
Intel Core i7-6650U

But what I mentioned above is much better and much cheaper.
>>
Get a used thinkpad and a ps4.
>>
>>53752704
jews
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.