[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove Surveilance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
ITT: any form of surveillance software and hardware. Private, professional, and improvised.
>>
I am interested in a remote desktop survailance and control, similar to bomgar, but free and/or for android.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>53693255

I know nothing about this, but somebody please contribute with some explanation or a good page to read up on this.

What I'm thinking about is a system with two cameras, cabled not wireless, power-over-ethernet, to a small screen run by a rasberry pi or something, only enough storage to grab frames when there is movement.

Questions: Is it worth paying for 1080p or more? Do I need to worry about the quality of the POE gear or does any little adapter do? Is there good generic software which works with these cameras or am I always stuck with the chink manufacturers garbage? Can I interact with the cameras with my own scripts? What else to look for?

Seriously help an anon get started in custom, semi low cost, surveilance gear setups.
>>
>>53694005
Go for a simple 8 port POE switch, so much neater than POE adapters. I have a bunch of GS110TP Netgear switches for remote areas and use UBNT EdgeSwitches for the core.
Buy cameras that are network capable and something that FOSS CCTV software like ZoneMinder can interface with. I have about 20 Axis and Mobotix cameras all connecting to BlueIris (proprietary and paid) because ZoneMinder doesn't have enough features for me yet. The cameras I have are about £100-1000 each so probably out of your range, if you pick up cameras you know will work with 3rd party software eg. ZoneMinder, BlueIris then you're fine and will not have to use the first party shitty interface or "cloud".
A Pi might be okay for just 2 cameras with a FPS of maybe 5-15 for motion recording. I'd go for building a whitebox with a mid range i5 and use 1080p 30FPS cameras, the beefier computer allows you some expansion room for more cameras.
>>
>http://www.realtime-spy.com/
anyone got experience with this?
>>
File: a324asf.jpg (8 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
a324asf.jpg
8 KB, 300x226
Ive been using BlueIris software with standard IP cameras.
Just have a PoE switch and cat6 that runs to the cameras themselves.

I get movement notification by text and email and can monitor live via http.
Easy setup and sorta cheap
Cameras- 75 each
PoE 8 port switch - 50
BlueIris - Pirated
>>
>>53694695
Not https?
>>
>>53694857
>53694562

53694562 Here, BlueIris doesn't have built in HTTPS, but with Stunnel you can do HTTPS
>>
>>53694562
Thank you so much for this answer. It helps me get some perspective. Price is not such a big deal I was looking at stuff in the 250-400 range anyway. Definitely will look at compatibility with that software. And yeah, might end up grabbing an old machine from somewhere to be able to handle the higher resolution and video better.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.