[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Havent been on for the last 6 or so months. Any interesting new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_17174-images(2)-1917080736.jpg (11 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17174-images(2)-1917080736.jpg
11 KB, 181x278
I was planning to build a gaymen PC around November 2014 but I wanted to wait for better parts. Eventualy the next gen cards CPUs etc came out and it was a letdown.

I was still willing to build it but then no good 4k or above OLED or quantum dot monitors came out with the specs I wanted. For example Freesync. Same with VR gear which I thought would be released earlier.

So I stopped giving a shit 6 to 8 months ago.

So could any of you give me a quick crash course on important developments or atleast give me the info to look it up.
>>
Fuck off to /v/
>>
>>53692260
Never change /g/

BTW

I'm probably going to wait for Artic Islands but I dont know if there is anything else I should wait longer for. My build before was going to be 2 Fury Xs in Crossfire or a FuryX2 with the best 6 or 8 core skylake cpu. Atleast 16gb of RAM and possibly much more if I decided to hold all my games on the Ram, and a ssd. Wasnt sure what type of ram or ssd because as I said I was thinking of using the RAM to store the game.

On the monitor front ideally I wanted a 4k or 5k screen 21:9 curved thin bezel freesync OLED or quantum dot and over 60fps would have been nice.

Also planned to get the best vr headset along with extras like the omni treadmill face mask controler etc.
>>
BTW when I used to go on here there where a lot of merchant memes posted. Just curious why. Was pol leaking over or was it just memes for the sake of memes.
>>
Just wait until Zen and Polaris which will both be a "Letdown" but they will be better then anything that comes out this year.
>>
>>53692852
>he thinks the jews are just a meme
Like a true goy
>>
>>53693017
Nah I've been on Pol for about 2 years now but I wasn't sure if it was just a meme for most of /g/
>>
File: 1458984300516[1].png (1006 KB, 950x834) Image search: [Google]
1458984300516[1].png
1006 KB, 950x834
>>53692326
>whitewashing tay
>>
>>53693113
Tays image represented her personality which was LOLZ OLD PEOPLE ARE OLD SENPAI I'M CHILL AN SHIT WE WUZ KANGZ.

We turned her into a pure blooded aryan and she is shown as such.

Your shade is still off anyway. Tay was black not Latino.
>>
>>53692244
a Polaris 11 gpu was running hitman at 4k 60ps passive.
>>
>>53693001
he should wait for vega Q1 2017.. and this is also the time when zen comes out...
>>
>>53693240
Just looked it up. Apparently the polaris cards are like the 300 series in that vaga is the high end model. But unfortunately it looks like those assholes aren't releasing it until 2017 or so whilst the Polaris cards are out summer. And after that I'm sure they will come up with a new reason to wait like offering a vagax2 which supposedly clocks far better than two vaga's. The only catch is waiting another 6 months.

Seriously fuck you AMD.
>>
>>53693001
Not sure about zen. I'll just go for whichever one is better. I was nearly burned before with the 3.5gb crap but I don't have any experiences with Intel yet.

BTW has there been any new Skylake releases. Last time I checked it was a big let down as it only performed slightly better than the last gen whilst not offering any 6 or 8 core options.

BTW I saw a review a while ago showing that 6 and 8 core cpus increase the fps by a decent amount when paired with dx12 is this true.
>>
>>53693301
Have they released the date for zens release?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.