[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Vivaldi devs do not understand anything of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fake.jpg (235 KB, 1639x1159) Image search: [Google]
fake.jpg
235 KB, 1639x1159
>saying that they are the browser developer for power users

>not being able to implement features and new API in the Chromium code base and only are able to bundle Chromium with a special app

>Unable to offer fixes for Windows 10 freezes and crashes for almost 2 month while the real Opera who also created a Chrome clone is able to fix that issue in few weeks and Vivaldi is still unable to use that fix

>in the meantime Opera includes a new API for proper side bars into their Chrome clone Opera

>Vivaldi team still says that they are the real Opera guys, the real innovators

Daily reminder that Vivaldi guys do suck!
>>
>>53662851
>Browsers that track every website you go to.
Why would you want this? Speed? Fuck it, I'm down to wait a few more seconds to not get tracked.
>>
File: opera_tab_groups.png (24 KB, 356x379) Image search: [Google]
opera_tab_groups.png
24 KB, 356x379
>Opera's tab-groups is still unavailable in any other browser
>nested tab trees, can add new groups which can arbitrarily sort and filter new tabs into them based on a URL regex
>Vivaldi only has "tab-stacking"
>just get a small white bar over the tab for every tab stacked
>mouse over stacked tab
>entire screen fills up with tab thumbnails and cannot be removed if you have more than like 12 tabs
>that awful UI rendering on higher resolution screens.
I want to use Vivaldi, but it's just crap compared to even Opera right now. The only reason Opera isn't my main browser is because I'm suspicious of the fact that they store bookmarks and other data in plaintext on their server.
>>
>>53662996
Why do you want to use a browser which is in fact nothing more than a simple app bundled with Chromium?

This makes no sense.
>>
>>53662851
You want to see developers who really can modify Chromium? Look at the Brave project.

They do not even use the full Chromium package, they use libchromiumcontent, basically the rendering system only and can cherry-pick whatever they want in their code, and whatever they want to create, and Google can do nothing to stop them, as opposed to Vivaldi and Opera.

I know of course that Brave is adware and crap, but their team is still the only one who is properly able to do Chromium coding.
>>
>>53663107
Because Chromium is a good web browser project with a shitty user interface. Vivaldi's Quick Commands is very useful too.
>>
>>53663173
How about using Firefox and Classic Theme Restorer? If you want features, why use something which is created by Google. Google is Botnet, also Chromium and all Chromium based browsers
>>
>>53663191
Firefox is cutting out all XUL-related plugins and swapping to the same model Chrome uses and those were the only reason to use Firefox. Tab groups was just the start. I was using Firefox exclusively before I heard that, but now there's no point.

>will no longer be able to alter the interface as I see fit (like Chrome)
>swapping from a memory-saving single process model to a multi-process model (like Chrome)
>walled garden extensions (like Chrome)
>even moving to use the same extension model as Chrome
If I'm going to use a Chromeclone, it might as well be a good one.
>>
>>53663243
>is anti-multiprocess
Lost all credibility.
>>
>>53663243
Seamonkey could fit your needs, will not be a Chrome clone.
>>
>>53663283
I'm not against it, which is why I'm using Chrome/Opera now. I just enjoyed that Firefox was single-process and saved me memory, even if it was slower. I usually leave my browser open for long periods of time in the background while doing other work, occasionally referencing back to it.
>>
>>53663243
If it has to be Chromium, wait until Otter uses QTWebengine, it has the benefit that all features are native ones. Only native features are real features.

And Otter is Open Source.
>>
>>53663333
Otter isn't in a usable state yet.
>>
>>53663509
But Otter Browser is a 1000% more honest project than Vivaldi ever could be and ever will be. That alone should make you use it.
>>
>>53663509
Use it and suggest features and report bugs at the Otter Github or in IRC, without help and support and suggestions things will go of course slow.
>>
>>53663603
MIEN NEGER, OTTER IS A MUST
>>
>>53662851
>Daily reminder that Vivaldi guys do suck!
That was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain from the start.

Vivaldi is like linux desktop; when /g/ shills it to such an extreme you just know it's complete amateur-hour crap.
>>
>>53663642
Vivaldi team simply is the left over luggage from old Opera, which Opera set free because of incompetence.

Now they hope to earn a bit of money saying that they are the real Opera customization team. Still they are unable to do anything of real value with the Chromium code. How pathetic is that? :D
>>
>>53663243
>Firefox is cutting out all XUL
Good
XUL is shit and outdated anyway

e10s+browser.html+servo is the future
>>
>>53663902
Mozilla... the wanna-be-like Chrome clone company... dropped!
>>
>>53663902
XUL offers customization which no other browser does have. Servo will almost be customization-less , even more as Australis is already customization-less. This is no future, this is regression.
>>
>>53663642
>when /g/ shills it to such an extreme you just know it's complete amateur-hour crap

Which browser has the worst shills?
Vivaldi or Pale Moon?
>>
>>53664012
None. Original Chrome has the worst.
>>
>>53663603
Sure, and I'd be willing to check it out if/when it was usable for daily browsing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.