[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Xbox on a PC monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 01.jpg (86 KB, 1277x843) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
86 KB, 1277x843
How would one connect an old Xbox with a PC monitor (has VGA and DVI, but no HDMI)? Is there maybe a single adapter that would work as a plug&play device?
>>
With your VGA cord in hand, plug one blue end into the Xbox, and the other blue end into the monitor.
>>
Plenty of adapters for it, just google. Keep in mind you will need speakers on said monitor to get sound. Or a headphone jack.
>>
>>50811514
This can't be done with just a normal VGA cord, you can't plug that cable into the Xbox.

>>50811540
I searched for quite a while but couldn't find out whether there's a special adapter that can actually deal with the Xbox and display it correctly with a PC monitor. Most adapters were for the Xbox360, couldn't find one explicitly for the old Xbox. Thanks for the speaker tip I came across that and will use head phones. But still not sure about the adapter. What is the name I should look up? You know like "VGA/??? adapter" or something like this.
>>
File: image.png (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 300x300
I built my own adapter with an LM1881 Synch Separator. Also you'll need to flash your Xbox with a VGA enabled bios to make it work (if remember correctly). That or you could use a bios loader.
>>
>>50811667
On PAL xboxes it would be vga/scart. Im pretty sure the 360 uses the same cable as the old one btw.
>>
>>50811785
Scart? I thought the Xbox supports composite (red/yellow/white)? Is it enough to buy a VGA to female composite cable? Or do I need any kind of signal converter as well? The forums and FAQs I've gone through all state different stuff at some point.
>>50811748
That went way over my bold head, sorry.
>>
I bought a Mygica V2V Pro to do this years ago because I wasn't sure if simple adapters would work.
>>
>>50812202
>Mygica V2V Pro
Do you think a Hauppauge external TV card would work as well? I don't find any Mygica V2V Pro offers anymore at least not shippable to my area.
>>
You must mod the console in order to use a VGA/DVI/HDMI output.

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28771
>>
File: a.png (353 KB, 500x995) Image search: [Google]
a.png
353 KB, 500x995
>>50811499
you can use a modded xbox with VGA, i believe, but a more "plug and play" solution would be using an official component (not composite) cable, and a component to vga or hdmi adapter

keep in mind you can't use 480p/576p/720p/1080i if it's a PAL console normally (i've enabled it on mine by modifying the EEPROM, this requires you softmod/hardmod the xbox beforehand though)
basically any game can run in 480p/576p, and i highly recommend it, it looks excellent
>>
>>50812408
Additionaly you need to modify the BIOS of the XBOX to be able to use VGA video output.
All of this is only possible if you have a modchip in the console.

Or you can use a RCA to VGA box but the quality will be shitty
>>
>>50812452
>All of this is only possible if you have a modchip in the console.
that's wrong, you can flash a new bios from a softmod

i have an Xecutor2 bios flashed on the original bios chip in my xbox, never used a modchip
>>
OP here, this is way more complex than I thought it would be, but thanks for all your suggestions and explaining, you helped me a lot going in the right direction. I'll see what parts I'm going to buy/use in the next days and report back, most probably in a new thread by then. Thanks again!
>>
Why the fuck are you not emulating it
>>
>>50813512
You know, the thread was fine before one of the usual /g/ crowd like you got in here starting with Why the fuck are you not *insert invalid sayings*
Still, for your information: there is actually only one Xbox emulator at all which got developed to a point where you could actually play ISOs. And even this emulator (forgot it's name but it doesn't really matter if you read on) is only guaranteed to emulate Halo. Every other game is unsupported bcause the Xbox is in fact a more of a Computer than a console which means that everyone who plays downloaded ISOs just burns them onto DVD and puts it in their Xbox. No need for an emulator really.
I have an original unmodded PAL Xbox with non pirated games and wanted to play them on a PC monitor. There you go.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.