[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is best /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ReactAngular.jpg (48 KB, 912x495) Image search: [Google]
ReactAngular.jpg
48 KB, 912x495
Ive been trying to figure this out for fucking ages... I have an interactive website with an account system and a database and all that jazz, it uses Java servlets on the backend. On the front it uses HTML, CSS and JavaScript. It makes its dynamic HTML via string concatenation (im a noob okay!). Anyway the code for this is becoming huge and unwieldy and a complete mess so im gonna rewrite the front end using a framework.

But I cant choose which one... ive been reading through these comments:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10836236

these people look like they know a lot more than me but they don't seem to be able to agree on anything. "react is imperative", "no it not its declarative" etc etc. Also I think a lot of them may be talking about Angular 1.

>Angular 2
It seems to be this big thing that will do everything but you have to do it the angular 2 way or not at all. Also its got a steep learning curve apparently.

>React
Is this small thing that wont do much without a bunch of other stuff tacked on to make it work. On the plus side you have choice in how you do things, which is also a negative because it complicates things. Also it uses JSX which is yet another thing to learn.

They said web development was easy... they said JavaScript was babbys first programming language... I liked programming in Java a fuckload more than this convoluted messed up shit :(

>tl;dr
Which is best, Angular 2 or React?
>>
>>53545427
Try out both, then make your mind. Personally, I would suggest you to take up Angular.

>Angular
There was the whole fiasco on how v2 requires a complete rewrite. While it was addressed later on, a lot of people had already left Angular for more viable solutions. Its easier to learn as compared to React though.

>React
To set this shit up properly takes so much shit. Babel, JSX, its just a lot hassle. The whole JS and HTML together is just nightmare for maintenance.
>>
React + Redux is amazing.
Haven't used angular, but ask me anything.
>>
File: 1455021455970.jpg (150 KB, 1073x1058) Image search: [Google]
1455021455970.jpg
150 KB, 1073x1058
>>53545427
I'm building the next big Facebook but I spent to much time wondering this. All the time you spend trying to pick one is time wasted pick the one you know to use. Not the one with the most bells and whistles that you won't use. I went with Angular just cause I need to get going on my path to beating Zukaburg.
>>
>>53545427
>uses Java servlets on the backend.
> code becoming huge
> and unwieldy and
> a complete mess

That's not a bug. It's the feature.
>>
>>53545427
Angular
>>
>>53545427
Rails is actually quite usable
>>
>>53545427
I come from an OOP background OP, currently working with react and a Java backend. I feel right at home with React's parent-child paradigm, it helps abstract some of the confusion away from prototypal inheritance and really resembles classical inheritance when you treat your components like classes with es6.

You'll come to realize that web development has a million different frameworks. New ones pop up every day.

Trust me when I say, stay away from the ones that force you to use their convention, over your configuration. Follow a philosophy, an architectural suggestion.. Not some fucking error throwing event chain framework that you'll have to live an die by.
>>
>>53545427

>Ember.js

you fucking meme fags
>>
>>53545756
Goodluck anon. Maybe your site may be the one to take down cuckerburg for good.
>>
>>53546071
>Community is waning, wouldn't be used by any company at this point
neet neet neet.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.