[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey getting ready to take the comptia a+ exam took a class to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: A+.png (52 KB, 1414x1242) Image search: [Google]
A+.png
52 KB, 1414x1242
Hey getting ready to take the comptia a+ exam
took a class to get ready but is there anything i need to know about the test like how hard is it are there any good study guides any info would help
>>
>>53520862
I hope you know your 1980s technology (token ring networks, literal 80s CPU sockets) that's about half the marks. Imo this cert is worthless.
>>
>>53521394
really what cert would you recommend
>>
It's only good for 2 or so years now, mine was one of the last permanents.
also when i took it there wasn't a logical thought process to some of the answers
>any year
>opening the case to check a cable before just seeing if the bios has detected the drive.
Network+ is pretty nice, it's mostly 'muh kerberos' and a dash of ip6 so you might need to know a bit of base16 and base2.
The cisco certs are pretty fun because they have simulators.
Microsoft certs are hilarious because I last sat one 5 years ago and whenever they change their system up I get issued a new logo, certification and maybe a new title.

As long as you promise to not be a shitter about this like 90% of the cert holders who devalue it, just download a leak of the exam and practice it into memory, learn the shit by all means but do not assume the logical answer is the correct one.
>>
>>53521654
any links?
>>
>>53521394
This 'worthless' cert got me a job. Think before you spew bullshit.
>>
>>53523702
whats your your opinion on the a+ test
>>
File: 1449537893244.jpg (67 KB, 527x505) Image search: [Google]
1449537893244.jpg
67 KB, 527x505
>>53520862
Honestly you didnt really have to take a class to get ready.
Got mine a few weeks ago, it was pretty easy.
>>
>>53521489
A+ isn't worthless, just not super valuable. It's good for entry level desktop support jobs or helpdesk jobs. As long as you keep advancing with other certs or a degree+certs, A+ is a good place to start.
>>
>>53523884
right now im working on a Associate in Computer Science i took the class because i had to. the a+ test is kind of a final exam for the class
>>
>>53523769
Difficult if you don't know your stuff. They ask quite a few trick questions. Study hard beforehand. I went through a good study course that had me well prepared, so I found it quite easy.
>>
>>53520862
I am studying for it right now. I figure that no matter what job I apply for putting A+ through microsoft, cisco or wherever you decide to stop is something that will help you stand out from people who put "can use microsoft word".
Besides study material plus test is ~$200 or so depending on cert. Better than getting a minor in comp sci or some shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.