[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to job interview >Get asked about Facebook I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>Go to job interview
>Get asked about Facebook
I thought this was a meme. Turns out /g/ was right.
What are some other career traps?
>>
You get asked about Facebook to ascertain whether you have one.
If you have one, you will either give it for a quicker look, or we will use mandatory information you provided to easily pinpoint your account.
The purpose is to find out whether you are one of those retards who keep it public,
and if not, then to see whether you have retarded shit such as questionable picture (like "artistic" nudes or such bullshit), in which case we will deny your ass because you are a diplomatic liability as an employee with such shit which other competitors can use against the firm through you. Also the type of content shows your actual IQ no matter how much you BS.

Those who haven't got a Facebook, tend to give good justifications such as the use of E-mail for communication and such,
and the lack of one based on principle is a positive unless you are vying for a PR related position.
>>
>>53432691
Just say that you don't have one and tend to contact people directly.
>>
>>53432901
>"We're really looking for someone who's a bit more 'social' for this position

yfw
>>
>>53432947
>Tell them they've contacted me for my expertise in a specialized industry, working within constantly changing legislation.
>Hiring the wrong person will cost them millions in unmanaged utilizations.
>Do you want someone who wastes time on Facebook, or someone who gets the job done?

Unlike most of the ex-NEETs on /g/, I avoided jobs where Prajeet and Laquanda can replace me.
>>
>>53432996
Prajeet is slowly becoming an engineer. They are already doctors and dentists.

in todays day and age technical skill is important, but likability is most important. You can be 100% right and still be wrong
>>
>>53432691
I deleted my Facebook freshman year before I rushed my fraternity, so no gay or cringe worthy shit could be found on my Facebook dating back to middle school.

saved myself some bullying.
>>
File: rms pepper juggler.gif (316 KB, 403x447) Image search: [Google]
rms pepper juggler.gif
316 KB, 403x447
>>53432770
This, OP.

They just want to check that you're not a flaming PR liability for them.

Unless of course you meant they wanted your username and password. Now that's bullshit. You should tell them to fuck off, or sue them if asking such questions is illegal in your country.
>>
>>53433134
>in todays day and age technical skill is important, but likability is most important. You can be 100% right and still be wrong
My company either stays with me - and my proven record of saving millions of dollars in operating costs, finding new clients, increasing operating capabilities and managing staff - or they take Prajeet, fresh out of management school - he is also considering learning English soon.
>>
File: 1457536011035.jpg (46 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
1457536011035.jpg
46 KB, 630x405
>>53433134
>poo in teeth
>>
>>53433134
>Prajeet is slowly becoming an engineer. They are already doctors and dentists.

Indian engineers are not the same as cheap offshore workers aka Pajeets, anon.

There are tons of extremely capable, highly skilled talented Indian programmers.

There are tons of shitty Indian programmers who don't know or care about computers, but who are more than willing to pretend to get a never-ending series of solid middle class $4/hour jobs from American companies who don't interview or background check.

The intersection is the empty set.
>>
>>53433134
>you can be 100% right and still be wrong
This is exactly why China and India are going to kick our asses unless we change.
>>
>>53432996
>I avoided jobs where Prajeet and Laquanda can replace me.
Such as?
>>
When you google my name that results have ben removed due to data protection shit comes up.

I'm worried this might cost me future work. Not even my fault my name's common as fuck.
>>
I just say to others that the reason why I don't have a Facebook is because I find it a useless waste of time, and I value face to face communication. It's mostly true, although if I had to explain the botnet side to them, they'd think I'm some sort of crazy looney that has something to hide.

I also abhor others that use their phones in front of me when they're supposed to have my attention.

I've had a fake facebook profile since 2011 though.
>>
>>53434450
any field where you have to think about what you are doing, and not doing your job will be noticed within a day or two.
Indians are good at going to work, sucking up to the boss and then sit there until someone is racist enough to notice they never contribute anything.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.