[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: why do you kids need 8 core CPUs, 4GBs of RAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1452803298779.jpg (48 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1452803298779.jpg
48 KB, 900x506
Serious question: why do you kids need 8 core CPUs, 4GBs of RAM and 2/4k displays in your fucking PHONES?

Seriously please explain this shit to me. Is there a valid reason to spend money on this shit other than being a good goy?
>>
>>53348306
found the chinkshit user
bet you use prepaid too huh
You use your phone every fucking day for literally anything, photos with your friends, important calls, games to pass the time, checking instagram, literally anything. why not use the best?
>>
Whats the downside to having a more powerful handheld device? You have any idea how fucking cool it is to have a small computer in your hand, that lasts for 15+ hours, browse the internet, play a whole ton of games, use basic office software, take high resolution photos and play music?

Its cool, why not make it better? More ram, better processors, better displays do that.

Im so sick of these fags who post all the time "why is X item a thing, who needs or even wants the stupid X item?"

Its general advancement of technology, go back to shitting in the street pajeet, sorry the tech support job is getting more difficult over time.

tl;dr, its plain and simple better, gtfo pajeet
>>
>>53348344
>photos
yup, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I listed
>important calls
yup, still, you don't need 8 core CPU and fuckload of RAM to do that. My old K850i was handling both camera and calls very nicely.
>games
Nope, I got a thinkpad for that.
>instagram
Lmao, I hope this is a joke
>anything
Not anything, just emails. This is the only additional thing I could think of.
>why not use the best?
Why use the best (most expensive and biggest)?
Elaborate.
>>
>>53348306
>is there a reason to own a car when your feet/bike suffice
>is there a reason to own a toilet, a hole in the ground works fine
>Is there a reason to own anything convenient

This is your post
>>
>>53348344
you don't get any "important phonecalls", kid
>>
>>53348410
oh wow, this guy really fell for the memes

do you also have an anime wallpaper on arch linux set up with i3?

im gonna bet you own a burner, specifically a "vintage" cell phone that just barely works with modern technology, and you're too broke to experience the usefullness that is a nice smartphone and instead of asking if there are decent smartphones out there that you can afford, you whine that theyre shit

you're like the whole issue with the fat chicks on the internet claiming whats beautiful, to them the bar is too high so they lower it and claim anything over the bar is exessive

"my old phone works just fine, why does anyone own smartphones" eat shit
>>
File: 1457179884823.jpg (7 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1457179884823.jpg
7 KB, 378x378
>>53348410
>games
>thinkpad

Please become an hero
>>
>>53348374
>browse the internet
All the above features are unnecessary for this.

>play a whole ton of games
There is nothing worth playing on a touch screen.

>use basic office software
All those specs to use basic software is wasteful.

>take high resolution photos
Ok

>play music
Literally anything can play music. All those specs are needless.
>>
>>53348374
>Whats the downside to having a more powerful handheld device?
1. Much bigger dimensions, worse mobility
2. Much higher power consumption
3. Extremely shitty battery life (1 day? seriously nigger?)
4. Botnet, tracking everything you do, everywhere you go
>why is X item a thing, who needs or even wants the stupid X item?
Who are you quoting you retarded nigger? I asked politely to explain this to me. Where did I call this stupid shit being stupid?
>>
>>53348374
Cost to utility ratio. There is an optimum price for phones and a point where you start to see diminishing returns.
>>
>>53348306
>What do you even NEED a 12 MB HDD for?! My 4 MB one is more I will ever need!
>>
>>53348306
To run Android
>>
>>53348467
>what is eGPU
>implying I need anything better than HD4000 to handle cs:go at 1366x768
Kill yourself now

>>53348463
I'm not a freetard. I don't use linux.
I bet you're all typical murikan fat losers driving a fucking wheelchairs. I get it now, you want those 6 inch smartphones to actually be able to use an actual phone with your disgusting fat fingers!
Congratz, off yourselves now
>>
>>53348484
>being this ignorant
I bet you're 16 at most.
>>
>>53348463
>not having a burner
You realize that a low tier android phone is like 100$ these days?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1296x728
>tfw my fully unlocked LG Leon 4G with 32GB mSD card suits all my needs
and it lasts for 1 week of actual usage

Cost me $35. Rest of money I wanted to spend on overspecced smartphone was used to fully upgrade my thinkpad.
>>
>>53348306
>PHONES?
If I just used it as a phone then I wouldn't need those specs.
>>
>>53348542
How am I being ignorant?
>>
>>53348306
We don't. But theres a patern here we cannot fight.

I mean lets take your favorite candy brand. How much did that cost in 2005? Lower than right? Because of inflation $1 was worth much more than now.

Now same with smarthpones in the last few year (well... since iPhone).

Specs get higher and prices too. Now I'm not sure if its the same as the inflation, but basicaly, technology needs to be advanced, even if its slow af. You can't reach the number 3 if you skip number 2 and so on
>>
>>53348598
You're comparing two completely unrelated things.
It's like comparing down syndrome and a picture of your face.

Oh wait
>>
File: jsqpBO2.jpg (94 KB, 632x638) Image search: [Google]
jsqpBO2.jpg
94 KB, 632x638
>>53348517
>being this buttblasted
>>
>>53348589
>Cost me $35
Why are burgers so retarded?
>>
>>53348680
Not everyone lives in murika, desu senpai
>>
>>53348703
>desu senpai
>>
>>53348680
There's two carriers, it's not like the burgers believe in freedom of choice.
>>
>>53348662
>implying being butthurt
Nice argument you got there, kiddo.
>>
Zenfone 6 has 6 inch screen, intel atom 2ghz and 2gb ram and can last about 2 days with moderate use. I payed $260 for it. I'd still get a LG G4 pro
>>
>>53348984
if someone randomly starts spewing stupid shit out of their mouth in a desperate attempt to insult someone, that sounds like they're pretty
butthurt to me. looks like you're trying to defend your blatant, undeniable autism with more autism friend
>>
>>53349381
>autism meme
You don't even understand what autism is, kid.
>>
Because kids are fucking dumb enough to fall for the viral marketing smartphone fad.

This dumb fucking fad for idiots that track them everywhere they go and make them into a product/data collection item for large companies and a watched person for the government needs to die NOW.
>>
Yes because I don't own a stupid little toy device for dumb children that can't plan ahead and need some shit OS with shit apps controlled by a shit touchscreen to save their ass when they realize they need information they should have gotten before they left their fucking house.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.