[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's another massive take-over in technology land. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ARM-Chip.jpg (85 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
ARM-Chip.jpg
85 KB, 1500x1000
There's another massive take-over in technology land. It appears ARM has been purchased by softbank. UK technology firm ARM Holdings is to be bought by Japan's Softbank for $32bn it confirmed on Monday.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/arm-to-be-bought-by-japans-softbank.html
>>
ARM gonna Brexit in <7 years.
>>
>>55634071
About half the ARM employees are outside the UK, some in countries that never were in the EU to begin with. For instance the ARM graphics started out as Phalanx and much of that remains in Norway.

Brexit is overrated
>>
AMD: avenge me
>>
Intel fears the samurai.
>>
File: trustzone.png (960 KB, 1423x799) Image search: [Google]
trustzone.png
960 KB, 1423x799
Hey, they can handle it. They'll just sprinkle Trustzone everywhere, and things will be fine!
>>
I was under the impression that the sprint accusation destroyed their purchase power
>>
>>55634005

Fuckin sucks. British success story being taken away from us, AGAIN

Look at all the iconic British brands / companies that have been taken over by foreigners - Mini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Jaguar-Land Rover, McLaren. Every single one is owned or majority-owned by foreigners.

Yes they are all car companies but our tech sector has clearly suffered a similar fate. There used to be Acorn computers, ARM of course, Amstrad, Sinclair - all big companies in the computer industry, and now the last big success story - ARM - is being bought by foreigners.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE. America and Germany wouldn't put up with this shit, why the fuck are we putting up with it?
>>
so ARM is getting Nokia'd by softbank?
>>
>>55635300
The problem isn't that Softbank wants to buy.
The problem is the fact that present ARM owners do not want to keep on owning ARM.
SB at least states what their plans for the future is, that is more than the present owners ever have said.

This is like the 90's again. Japan is getting up from the stagflation as the West is sinking into it.
>>
>>55635300
As if you have contributed anything to arm.
>>
File: embarrassing.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
>All Brits have now are the Queen and Chavs
>>
>>55635300
>tfw no quality British products
I guess I'll just purchase tea
>>
File: luvia.jpg (45 KB, 334x334) Image search: [Google]
luvia.jpg
45 KB, 334x334
>>55638082
>tea is imported
>>
>Japanese buying hardware company

Oh shit, is it happening again?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.