[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSU GPU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Why are people on /g/ so retarded? Saying stuff like "you need an individual cable for each 8 pin in a GPU" even though cables that come with non shit PSUs are 1000w rated each
>>
>>55633002
Are you talking about why using a splitter is frowned upon? It has nothing to do with the cables and everything to do with the amperage the PSU can supply to that particular series of cables.

Either way, I've never seen anyone say what you're claiming they say on /g/. The days of monster GPUs are numbered and most power supplies that are discussed/recommended here are almost overkill for the typical /g/ user GPU.
>>
>>55633080

OP isn't talking about splitters. He's talking about cables that have two 8 pins on them
>>
>>55633002
I run a gtx 590 on a single cable with a shitty 700W power supply. I guarantee that thing sucks more power than whatever the fuck you're doing and it's fine.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.