[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience with Keyboard and Mouse adapters for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: xim4productshot[1].jpg (52 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
xim4productshot[1].jpg
52 KB, 450x304
Anyone have any experience with Keyboard and Mouse adapters for game consoles?

I've been considering getting the XIM4 for use on my PS4 but I'm worried about both input latency and accuracy. They're just emulating a controller input with the mouse, so can it really be as accurate as using a mouse normally?
>>
>>/v/
>>
>>55633305
>>>/v/
Learn the format faggot
>>
>>55633708
>>>>>>>>>>>>/v/
Is the best way, faggot.
>>
>>55633305
>>55633739
>implying anyone on /v/ knows a goddamned thing
/v/ thinks bandwidth is relevant to their in-game latency, asking them about tech issues is like asking a 9-year-old.
>>
In short, it's more accurate than using a controller, but less accurate than using a mouse on PC. Pretty much what you'd expect.
>>
>>55633999
Meh, I've got cash to burn and any improvement over thumbstick aim is going to be a huge advantage. I'll order one and see how much more OP it'll make me at console Overwatch.

My main concern was the latency/inaccuracy would make it actually less effective than controllers.
>>
>>55634041
It's pretty accurate but there is a bit of delay. 4ms in PS4 and 8ms on Xb1. I usually don't notice it
>>
>>55634218
>4ms
Jesus, really?

I mean, considering games generally play at 30FPS on console that's less than a tenth of a frame of delay

I can't believe people complain about that
>>
>>55632935
It works pretty well. I've used it since the Xim2, and briefly used the new one before I decided BO3 is garbage. The main thing you will have to get used to is the aim assist, specifically how it works when people are close to you. The closer they are, the lower your sensitivity. Its so powerful that you won't be able to turn at all if they're in melee range of you. The "fix" is to play with much higher sensitivity than you normally do on PC and rely on the aim assist to keep you on target, which normally works pretty well.
>>
You don't need to buy an adapter to do this just use your laptop..dumbshit
>>
File: R1l3pa7.png (577 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
R1l3pa7.png
577 KB, 893x895
>>55635481
>just use your laptop
>to play a game on PS4
Want to try again there, champ?
>>
>>55635451
>The main thing you will have to get used to is the aim assist
I was worried about this but in the games I want to play you can disable aim assist.
>>
>>55635641
>never heard of GIMX
>>
>>55635682
>added latency is 11+ms
Fucking worthless, anon.
>>
>>55635655
Well this isn't a good idea for a couple reasons. First the game isn't near as smooth as an actual mouse. Its pretty good but not perfect. Its hard to explain and is just one of those things you have to try for yourself. Aim assist helps with this.

The main reason though is that aim assist is a huge crutch. You will be at a pretty big disadvantage against others if you decide not to use it. I don't want to write a long spiel about it but simply put, they will outshoot you easily at longer ranges. Their tracking will also be much better. You won't be able "juke" them by dodging erratically back and forth because the aim assist will automatically pull in whatever direction you decide to go faster than a human can react. They will also be able to snap aim extremely accurately compared to you (its why quick scoping is so cancerously easy on consoles). I'd highly suggest just keeping it on.
>>
>>55636153
If you were talking about CoD or Battlefield or any other game with heavy, snap-based aim assist you'd be correct.

I'm talking about overwatch, whose aim assist works in a fundamentally different way. Rather than snapping to the target within X range from the crosshair when you press a button, Overwatch lowers your look sensitivity while you're on a target and at high values has a very slight pull to center mass when the stick is neutral.

As far as I can tell having aim assist on in Overwatch with the XIM4 actually hinders performance, and the lack of snap-to aiming means that opponents don't have an advantage using aim assist.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.