[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other Blackberry Q10 bros not sure what to do when whatsapp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: black.jpg (315 KB, 1468x909) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
315 KB, 1468x909
Any other Blackberry Q10 bros not sure what to do when whatsapp stops BB10 support at the end of the year?
>>
>>55632692
Could you use WhatsApp Web in the browser? Maybe a wrapper app?
>>
>>55632692
You can download whatsapp from the blackberry store. I have a Blackberry Classic but it should work for yours as well.
>>
Even if they drop support, it should still be usable, right? I don't see why it'd just stop working unless I'm missing something.
>>
if your Q10 has BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 or higher you can install the android apk and use the android vfersion of whatsapp. the only con will be that the notifications will not be completely integrated in the HUB but you will see them in the general area. You can install android apps, the only one that will surely not work are the ones that use the google play services. also consider the usability of apps with the form factor of your touchscreen... games will not work properly.
Source: Google + my BB Passport
>>
>>55632769
Nigga can you read? They stop supporting BB10.
>>
>>55632792
no you won't be able to use it, they will turn it off. You might be able to use the android apk, but the BB app will be dead.
>>
File: nokia-5200-00.jpg (24 KB, 207x499) Image search: [Google]
nokia-5200-00.jpg
24 KB, 207x499
>>55633164
Fug.

I hate how BB10 is dying, it's the comfiest phone I've used since pic related.
>>
>>55632692

I'll just enjoy the passport for as long as I possibly can, and accept the end. I'm already using android also to lessen the blow.
>>
File: IMG_20160718_163844.png (574 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160718_163844.png
574 KB, 720x720
Bollockberry Q10 owner reporting in.
Uh yeah about that, I highly doubt the fact that whatsapp will be unusable on this device.
I think it's will just be unavailable on the default store. The. apk file will probably work just fine.
>>
>>55633694
How hard is it to install apks/play store?
>>
File: IMG_20160718_164916.png (94 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160718_164916.png
94 KB, 720x720
>>55633719
>search for "app name".apk on Google.
>download it from the browser
>install
>???
>profit
>>
>>55632692
Why would you use whatsapp if you have a blackberry. BBM is better
>>
Blackberry Q20 owner here, researching on how to port telegram to native BB10, both of them use Qt so it shouldn't be too hard. It's sad that Q20 has such great physical keyboard and I have no one to chat with.
>>
>>55633998
I just downloaded the apk from F-Droid.

What benefits would a port have?
>>
>>55634023
Better battery life, better integration. IMO RIM's mistake was that they tried to tap into Android markets via dalvik runtime, so no one bothered to write native app for them and the users have no other choice but crappy half assed android apps.
>>
what's the point of whatsapp anyway
>>
>>55633015
this isn't really an option because the q10 has a square screen. i side loaded tinder and it was useless because the buttons are off the screen. i would have had to install a second program that readjusts the screen ratio for apps. easier to just buy a £40 android phone for apps
>>
>>55633846
>BBM

BBM a shit on android, so people with androids tell you to fug yourself when you ask them to chat with it.

Trust me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.