[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to go pick up my new pc next week and I'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: jlawkissgirl.webm (3 MB, 958x536) Image search: [Google]
jlawkissgirl.webm
3 MB, 958x536
I'm going to go pick up my new pc next week and I'm mostly decided on the specs, but I'm having trouble deciding on a few things.

My budget is 1k so I'm already a little over, but I can get an i3 6100 instead of the 880k for $20 more, even though performance should be similar. Especially in dx12/vulkan.

Is the 880k better value after overclocking? It's quad core vs the i3 which is dual core and I shouldn't need a new heatsink to overclock it because it has that new fancy one from AMD.

Can I get some thoughts on this? I appreciates any input, since it's been a while since I've built a desktop and I'm sure you're much more knowledgeable than me.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/CwmTBP
>>
I don't know how well those chips overclock . Since games don't run on dual cores you might want to get the amd but most games run on dual core. Intel's individual cores are faster on average than amds. Pros and cons with each
>>
>>55629919

You can find Rx 480's for cheaper than that. Should save you some cash.

6100 I'd say would be better, especially if you get a motherboard that can overclock it with a bios downgrade.

>>55630011
Intel is still 4 threads, so games will run fine...
>>
>>55630036
Oh then nvm .
>>
>>55630036
Op here, those aren't the prices I'm paying, that's just the build I'm going with. Iirc newegg Australia has the 480 for 30-40 dollars cheaper.

That AMD overclocks to 4.5ghz, but it'll have weaker single thread performance. Another reason I'm considering the i3 is maybe I'll buy an i7 6700 or i5 6600 in 2-3 years as a cheap upgrade, which I can't do on the athlon.

I feel safer with 4 physical cores though so idk
>>
>>55630070
If you want to upgrade the CPU in the future go with Intel since fm2+ isn't getting anything noteworthy from what I know but I could be wrong
>>
>>55630106
That's another thing. With dx12, the 880k should be fine for a few years with a nice oc, and if I get the Intel idk if I'll upgrade the cpu in 3 years or go with a new build.

Can the overclocked quad core athlon beat the i3? I want to buy bf1, want to play bf4 and gta v.
>>
>>55630123
gta 5 wont run on a dualcore
>>
>>55630123
I don't know .
They will both play games is all I know
>>
>>55629919
>jlaw
>dormer
>new pc

pick any two
>>
>>55630134
Seems to run fine on an i3
>>
>>55630134
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZWLz7enm8

I3 6100 @ 4.4Ghz running GTA 5...
>>
>>55629919
>jlawkissgirl.webm

is it just me or did she kiss jlaw back?
>>
>>55630986
She kissed her back.
>>
>>55629919
>1k
>i3 processor
what
I payed $500 for mines and I went with a i5 3570k
granted no GPU, but yeah.

Try looking on microcenter.
>>
>>55631539
>aud
>>
>>55630134
The i3 is effectively a quadcore for what programs can and can't run on it unless you disable the hyperthreading for some reason.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.