[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nexus 5X vs. iPhone SE? Upgrading from Nexus 5, I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Nexus 5X vs. iPhone SE?

Upgrading from Nexus 5, I can't deal with this garbage battery life.
>>
Please post in the smartphone general

>>55620835
>>
I have a Nexus 5 as well as a Nexus 5X.

The lag is so fucking appalling that I'm using the 5 despite, as you say, much poorer battery life.

I recommend waiting 1.5 month for the new Nexi or perhaps an OPO/N6P.

TRUST ME. The Nexus 5X is bad. Patches have never helped.

Quick link from 1 second in Google :

http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-5x-three-months
>>
>>55628538
How long has it been since you picked up your 5X? Most people agree the lag issues got fixed a few months ago
>>
I ordered an SE on Saturday, should have it soon. It's not a budget phone at all but to me iOS is worth it if you can deal with not ricing everything (a good thing imo)
>>
>>55628566
3 weeks, about.
>>
>>55628624
Tried a factory reset? You seem to be getting it worse than most people
>>
>>55628624
>>55628644

Also apparently the android N preview runs great on the 5X so you could give that a shot too
>>
>>55628538
Also PSA don't get the 5's latest OTA's they're reportedly erroneous
>>
>>55628538
>I have a Nexus 5 as well as a Nexus 5X.
>The lag is so fucking appalling that I'm using the 5 despite, as you say, much poorer battery life.
>I recommend waiting 1.5 month for the new Nexi or perhaps an OPO/N6P.
>TRUST ME. The Nexus 5X is bad. Patches have never helped.
>Quick link from 1 second in Google :
>http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-5x-three-months

I don't have any of these problems. My 5x shits on my M9 (810 based). 5x is the fastest phone I have ever used.

Also battery life is amazing.

What apps do you have installed?
>>
For the SE:

Get it for $200 from US cellular. Pay for 1 month of service ($35)

If you're on Sprint or Verizon, get $200 Sams Club GC when you open new line (including port-in) on any SE

Enjoy your crazy cheap new iPhone
>>
>>55628739
I'm in Canada.
>>
>>55628706
That's interesting.

I've done resets and have even gotten it swapped once. It does not perform anywhere near how well the 5 does. As of right now, not much.

http://www.androidauthority.com/was-the-nexus-5x-a-mistake-691297/

What's striking to me, and always has been, is how so many websites have the same experience as myself and yet there are people on here who have never experienced it.

I have 2 5X's man. They both just don't stack up.
>>
>>55628745
Drive across the boarder or ask an American relative. I've bought 3 for my Cucknadian cousins when I visit them this summer.
>>
>>55628750
>>>55628706 (You)
>That's interesting.
>I've done resets and have even gotten it swapped once. It does not perform anywhere near how well the 5 does. As of right now, not much.
>http://www.androidauthority.com/was-the-nexus-5x-a-mistake-691297/
>What's striking to me, and always has been, is how so many websites have the same experience as myself and yet there are people on here who have never experienced it.
>I have 2 5X's man. They both just don't stack up.

Are you rooting them? What carrier are you using with them?

I can't imagine anyone calling this phone slow. My M9 would choke so damn hard and this breezes through those tasks.

I'd say it's an app running in the background that isn't playing nice.
>>
>>55628739
Are they unlocked from USC?
>>
>>55628516
Just picked up an iPhone SE to replace a broken Z3c myself. Digging it so far. The only thing I miss is texting from a web browser. Apparently you need OSX to text from a computer. The battery life will be better than the 5X and the camera is a lot better.
>>
>>55628790
reportedly unlocked just like VZW models.

Sprint models need 50-days on network for unlock, but only the Sprint model is the Canadian model. US Cellular, VZW models are US models and some LTE bands are missing.
>>
>>55628790
nope
>>
>>55628516
I'm thinking about buying one.
>>
HATE MY NEXUS. SHOULD I BUY THE NEXT GEN NEXUS?

Buy a fucking redmi note 3 pro and shove it up your ass
>>
>>55628516
Pick up a z5c or a z3c. Neither the 5s or the SE have battery life.

Out of those two though pick up the SE.
If you want android get a Z5C>Z3C or a Rememe note 3 SD if you want soemthing 5.5"
>>
File: Screenshot_20160718-120816.png (202 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160718-120816.png
202 KB, 1440x2560
>>55628516
I had Nexus 5x and it was just awesome. Used it with android N and M, no lag whatsoever. I bought it around February. Really recommend it, I only sold it because screen was too small and picked up 6p.

>>55628657
Preview 2 was shit, but I use current for my daily driver

>>55628538
Never encountered any lag

>>55630181
Redmi note 3 is complete crap. Don't.
The miui is broken af

I can't say anything about SE, but I would rather pick up 6S
>>
>>55628516
My Nexus 5 battery is terrible now after 3 years. Do you think it is worth the money to buy a iPhone SE, or just get a new battery?
>>
>>55630917

Mod your N5 so you can jam a G2 battery in there.
>>
I've been thinking long and hard the last few weeks about iPhone SE vs. value Android phone (Nexus, OnePlus, ChinkPhones, etc.)

I've decided to get the SE since I don't consume media on my phone (I have a laptop and eBook reader for that), and for everything else the iPhone is simply leagues better.
>>
>>55631421
...as for value Android phone, if you want 5.5" then the OPO is the obvious choice IMO. But for 5" or smaller there are significant negatives to all the options. You're either compromising performance with the OpnPlus X (if you can fine one), build with the Nexus, bands and firmware support with a ChinkPhone... Android manufacturers really don't seem to give a fuck about sub-phablets anymore.
>>
>>55630181
The SE has great battery life...
>>
File: 81646.png (73 KB, 650x830) Image search: [Google]
81646.png
73 KB, 650x830
>>55631549
...and fast charge time without requiring a special charger/cable.
>>
>>55628706
Well tbf the N5 also shits on the M9 performance wise.
>>
I am currently using a Nexus 5X, bought it around february, upgrading from a Nexus 5.

It has worked great for me, battery is a lot better and the camera is pretty amazing. I don't get the lag some people talk about, or not often enough to register it as a problem. It is exactly what I was looking for: An upgraded Nexus 5.

That being said, the SE probably has better camera and battery life, with some caveats, the first and foremost being iOS. The last iPhone I used for more than a month (6 Plus) was great but the OS feels claustrophobic and in some instances plain stupid. There are some things that Apple just won't let you do for no reason. It is probably improving as time passes tho, and with the SE you'll have more updates.
>>
I don't see how you could choose the SE over the 5x. I just got one for 200 bucks, and it's super fast and the camera is godly for a smarthphone. It's also stock android, so no shitty UI ontop of it sucking up ram and other system resources.
>>
>doesn't want phone with shit battery life
>buys phone with possibly the worst battery life on the market
>>
5x here, shit is pretty good. Only issue I have so far is that rooting it broke the OTA system, do I have to manually flash any updates that I want. That, and for whatever reason it feels like the touch recognition on the absolute right edge of the screen is a bit limited.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.