[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>having a facebook account I admit I fell for the Facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: fb.png (173 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
fb.png
173 KB, 1600x1600
>having a facebook account
I admit I fell for the Facebook meme in 2005 as a freshman in college but once I learned that
a) high school kids were starting to get accounts
b) people were using it for things OTHER than making study sessions

I stopped using my account, and later (do not remember when) had it fully deleted. There is literally no advantage to having a facebook account. Do you really give a fuck about what political opinions your uncle holds or finding out why that faggot at work REALLY called out and left you to cover 2 people's shifts at once?
>>
It's useful for events, concerts, chatting, buying/selling stuff, and stalking underaged qties
>>
I deleted both Facebook and Instagram, but it was perfect for fap material desu.
Now I login occasionally from mom's account, and for Instagram I don't have solution. Too paranoid for creating fake account and following people I know.
>>
>>55627876
what if you have a music band and need to promote it?
>>
>>55627876

It's only good for stalking grills
>>
>>55627876
I need it for college, going to delete it in 2 months and make a fake spare one just in case
>>
You know what really makes having a Facebook enjoyable? Having friends anon. Having friends.
>>
>>55627876
I don't give a shit about the feed, but most of my friends bar 2 people use facebook messenger to chat and arrange stuff. I'd be left in the dark if I didn't have it.
>>
>>55629355
This. I keep it because it's the place where I can get in touch with everyone I know. I only use it as a messenger and have disabled everything non related like the wall/games.
>>
I deleted my Facebook the very day they announced the implementation of facial recognition.

I'm not talking about the fake delete option, but the real one you had to dig for and then you couldn't log in for two weeks.

Now, my friends constantly give me shit for not having a Facebook because inviting me to social gatherings is "difficult".
>>
File: kill it with fire.gif (90 KB, 260x189) Image search: [Google]
kill it with fire.gif
90 KB, 260x189
>>55627876
Not only is it relatively useless, it's also NSA spyware. That app was draining my battery because it would take my location hundreds of times a day and run in the background even after disabling that in the developer settings. It does all kinds of other shady shit too. Once installed that evil piece of shit practically has root access. Neckbeards here will ramble on and on about google apps but they have nothing on social media apps. Facebook is not to be trusted.
>>
>>55629460
The entire internet is NSA spyware.
>>
>>55627876
I only use it to chat with my mates with the messenger, and often comment on posts. Of course I don't get too deep into it, not everyone is a retard in FB debating politics or religion.
>>
>>55629432
theres a fake delete option?
>>
>>55629482
Incorrect. The internet is just a bunch of computers connected and sharing information. My Librebooted T400 running Debian is safe.
>>
File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15 KB, 520x390
>>55629563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU
>>
>>55629519
There's isn't, he's trolling.
>>
>>55629582
>most of something is all of something
Sure.
>>
>>55629563
He's talking about the switches. The servers. The routers. He's talking about the actual infrastructure of the internet.

It has been compromised on a hardware level.
>>
>>55629726
That's like saying just because the well is full of dirty water you can't put it through a ceramic filter and make it drinkable.
>>
>>55627876
>fully deleted
>>
>>55629751
You're only expressing your ignorance of their capabilities.
>>
>>55629751
No. You're like Gary Busey in the movie Predator 2, certain that they can't see you when they actually can.
>>
File: black stuff.gif (3 MB, 219x396) Image search: [Google]
black stuff.gif
3 MB, 219x396
>>55629776
If I underestimated the NSA I would be using Windows 10 on a Mac.
>>
File: smugest of pepes.jpg (42 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
smugest of pepes.jpg
42 KB, 547x471
>>55629806
When did I say they couldn't? They can look but they can't touch.
>>
>>55629815
I tried to teach you, but you ignored my lesson >>55629582

I can't fix stupid. I have no sympathy for those who are willfully ignorant.
>>
>>55629519
>>55629683
He's referring to account disabling
>>
Most of my News Feed is Pages I liked, so I mostly use Facebook as a way to lurk something that's like an RSS Feed. I rarely post. It's also useful as a way to text friends who don't live in the same country anymore.
>>
>>55629582
>>55629482
>>55629776
>le red pill may may
Back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>55627891
This
>>
>>55629261
MySpace. It's the place.
>>
>>55627876
have a facebook account because a friend literally would not shut the fuck up till i made it, got spammed from it in my email, created a new email called [email protected] or something similar, all spam goes there, have not used facebook sense the first time i went there and the gay kid from highschool was trying to suck my dick... so somewhere around 10 years

god i hate facebook.
>>
>>55629261
Soundcloud
>>
File: 1468445256729.gif (2 MB, 200x356) Image search: [Google]
1468445256729.gif
2 MB, 200x356
>>55629294
>I need it for college
You kidding right? What kind of shithole do you live in?
>>
>>55629874
Why don't u use a proper rss reader?
>>
>>55627891
/thread
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.