[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unfucking Windows 10 - General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Windows-10.png (17 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10.png
17 KB, 128x128
I'm looking at my brand new Skylake computer screen after having just upgraded to Windows 10 last night. I haven't done anything to it besides install my Asus drivers. It's currently a completely virgin Windows 10 installation.

I realize you can't make Windows 10 totally private. I'm dual booting Windows 10 (gaming), Linux (everything else). I bought Skylake because my old gaming PC was 8 years old and dying and it was time for it to be replaced, so I might as well install windows 10 on my new Skylake since I'm only using Windows for gaming and DirectX 12 requires Windows 10. Besides, Skylake and Windows 10 were made for each other.

I just want to make Windows 10 more private than it is in it's default state.
How do I make Windows 10 as private as possible after upgrading?
What IP addresses should I block in my router?
>>
You can't block it. Only way is to go back to 7 or 8
>>
O&O Shutup 10
Classic Shell
Done.
>>
>>55627852
>O&O Shutup 10

Confirmed rootkit.
>>
>>55627893
Nice meme.
>>
If you are using Steam or any other services like it for playing games then there is really no point in trying to disable windows services.
>>
>>55628101
Why?
>>
>>55628101
who said anything about disabling windows services?
>>
>>55628178
Because anti cheat systems those services use are way way more privacy invasive than windows.
There is a story about a overwatch player who got caught using wallhach.
Even after buying games multiple times a different way he still got instant ban.
Picture is a post of a guy who got a ban.
Now tell me after all the things, how did they still know it was him?

There is also a well know steam issues where valve was checking your browsing history to se if you ware maybe attempting so search for hacking tools.
>>
>>55628428
That's a cool story and all, but why are you implying that it's necessary to disable windows services to make Windows 10 as private as possible.

Clearly disabling windows services isn't a viable option, but to suggest that you either completely disable windows services or accept the default state is a false dichotomy.

There is a middle ground.
>>
>>55628188
sorry I though you were one of these tin foil idiots who try to disable all the windows services and telemetry to get a false sense of privacy.
>>
>>55628464
Op here.

I just want to use windows 10 exclusively for gaming and Linux for everything else. While I'm using windows 10, I would like it to be as private as possible without breaking it.
>>
>>55628488
then just use the settings that are already in windows under privacy settings. Set Feedback & Diagnostics to basic (or the lowest possible state offered). Disable cloud based protection and sample submission in windows defender. Use local accout.
>>
>>55627780
test
>>
>>55628543
surely there is more you can do than that.
>>
>>55628428
Blizzard does a permanent IP ban on Overwatch the second it detects you are using hacks of any sort.

This is not an invasion of privacy. This is the result of a violation of Blizzard's terms of service.
>>
>>55628428
Why go through all that trouble an not get a new IP address? And I'm not talking about proxies or VPNs, I'm talking about having your ISP issue a brand new IP address for your account.

It takes 30 seconds.
>>
>>55628572
no not really, if you don't want to disable some windows services.
But even then, what is the point if you are using steam or other game services.
>>
>>55628428
>bought
>again

obvious bait. no one is dumb enough to experiment with cheating on a video game with purchased copy of a game.
>>
>>55628594
lol do you really think they are only checking your IP address? Dont be that naïve.
>>
>>55628597
"disable windows services"

Why do you keep saying that?
>>
>>55628610
>they don't only check IP addresses
>better change everything except my IP address and try again
>>
>>55628631
>with a second purchased copy
>>
>>55628617
because that what it is maybe? OR do you know some other way? Because IP blocking on router wont help you.
>>
>>55628428
> Using wallhack when the game already have wallhack built-in.

I hope his PC blow into his dumb fucking face and learn how he and his kind fucked up online gaming.
>>
>>55628647
>Because IP blocking on router wont help you.

You don't know what you're talking about kid. Go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>55628631
>>55628643

lol
>>
>>55628428
steam *supposedly* just checks your URL history too see if you have the "purchased" page of any hacks in there so they can ban you. *supposedly*
>>
>>55627780
Fiddle with gpedit.msc and/or use Spybot anti beacon.
>>
Use 8.1. DX 12 is a meme.
>>
>>55628594
Because it records your HWID. This guy should have just used a new IP and sandboxie
>>
Are we seriously discussing about ways to bypass a anti-cheat system like people behind that system are the bad guys?
>>
>>55629933
Op here. That wasn't my intention. I don't cheat and I'm not interested in learning how.

I just wanted to encourage a discussion about ways maximize privacy on Windows 10 without losing functionality necessary to play games on Steam.
>>
>>55629933
no
were are just discussing privacy matters
>>
>>55628647
https://superuser.com/questions/972501/how-to-stop-microsoft-from-gathering-telemetry-data-from-windows-7-8-and-8-1/972506#972506
>>
>>55627780
> https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases
>>
>>55628428
Can confirm, I was his PC.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.