[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all the HTPC front ends so shitty? Windows media player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (37 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
37 KB, 300x300
Why are all the HTPC front ends so shitty? Windows media player is shit everyone knows that. Kodi is also shit, all the plugins don't work and the user interface for every single skin is absolute shit.

Plex is alright but I don't have a server capable of running it properly with redundant hard drives.

/g/ If you have any htpc front ends that are better, please inform me of their existence.
>>
>>55626513
kodi plugins do work.
since a few updates ago in addtion to plugins you have to also enable their dependancies.
but i agree kodis ui is shit.
emby and plex are pretty much the only viable options as media servers.
emby only on very strong hardware though since their transcoder is shit even though it uses ffmpeg.
plex should run decently on any shit tier hard ware though.
there are alternatives to kodi in the frontend department but they arent nearly as convinient as kodi in terms of free livetv and streaming site support.
the best part about kodi is you can download high quality rips in the background while watching them also the support is there. kodi supports every media standard there is from video formats no ones ever heard of to compliance with dlna standards.

suck it up op. if you want a better ui for kodi make one. since the gotham release the ui is fully modular now and not just a skin anymore.
>>
>>55626850
>emby
I have it, and if it weren't for the fact that I rarely need to use it anymore I would switch off of it. I can't watch videos with subtitles in fullscreen on my phone because the subtitles disappear. I'd use the app, but then I'd have to pay for it
>>
>>55626513
Windows Media Player is not a HTPC frontend.
>>
Kodi is not shit. It's fucking awesome.
>>
File: 6270083109209890885.jpg (130 KB, 426x469) Image search: [Google]
6270083109209890885.jpg
130 KB, 426x469
>>55626513
Kofi rox my socks
>>
File: wmc.jpg (91 KB, 994x558) Image search: [Google]
wmc.jpg
91 KB, 994x558
>>55628412
Maybe he meant windows media center?

Anyone remember that piece of shit?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.