[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CCT/ Career and Cert Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Network+.png (69 KB, 2111x1166) Image search: [Google]
Network+.png
69 KB, 2111x1166
What are you working towards? Need advice? Want to know how to use certs to get jobs? Post it here.

If you've got a tech career:

>Job Title
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
>How did you find/get job
>Pay
>Location
>>
Cissp, ccna, security+, ceh, oscp

Security consultant
1 year
No degree/certs
At a conference, I was offered a job
Very underpaid, I'm a student
East coast
>>
File: deus-ex-hr-android.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-hr-android.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
This may or may not be completely irrelevant to the thread but here it goes anyway.

I'm a financefag but found a job in QA/business test/business analysis at a bank. Anyone have any experience with the role? How did you like it? What should I look out/prepare for, how are the exit opportunities?
>>
>>55625460
The only thing I'm familiar with is QA in call center environments. The exit opportunities are non-existent
>>
I have an interview soon for a job as a security engineer via google hangout. I'm guessing webcams will be involved and I am not sure what I should do about my beard? Is it not a big deal for IT jobs?

Requirements

An understanding of the challenges and advantages unique to security and privacy in the public cloud and in agile/DevOps environments
Scripting experience (esp. with Python)
Familiarity with the security issues associated with distributed systems
An understanding of modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Docker, etc.

Any tips on what I should study before the interview? I'm not very familiar with these modern deployment tools
>>
Computer science degree, I have done a variety of computer based areas and hate none but don't love them either.
What area should I go into?
>>
>>55625618
>QA in call center environments

Thankfully I think that's very different from business-finance-IT settings (I think) where you are actually expected to know VBA and SQL at least.
>>
>>55625401

>Job Title
Application Support
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
Degree: Information Systems
No Certs
>How did you find/get job
Randomly saw a job posting, submitted my resume (nothing new at the time, i submitted my resume to like 20 different places and never heard back from any of them). Got a call for an interview and someone managed to get the job.
>Pay
~$40,00
>Location
East Coast
>>
>>55625625
bump
>>
>>55625625
>>55627408
since you are stuck

agile - read wikipedia and fake it
devops - it is a meme, just remember small mistakes/large problems. Know some fucking human controls so people don't fuck over everyone entirely. Drop the "separation of duties" bullshit. Look up actual articles and don't just wander in thinking you can fake cause they might ask retard shit about partial private keys and shit.
git - uhhhh. Yes. Don't even know why people list this
Docker - Study this. It is basically fancy copy and pasting vm files, but they use jargon that interviewers will pick up on if you use it.
Lookup either salt/chef/ansible (recommend salt/ansible due to its low requirements for a minimum setup) and do a deploy.
Beard - who gives a fuck. Just like the rest of your appearance keep it neat/cared for.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.