[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk monitors for a sec please? 7 months ago I picked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1468795505299.jpg (48 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
1468795505299.jpg
48 KB, 688x960
Can we talk monitors for a sec please?

7 months ago I picked up a 24gm77 from fries 144hz 1ms for about 265$ before tax. Last week while moving someone slammed their brakes and my screen cracked. Fries are Jews and don't cover physical damage with the warranty neither does LG.

So now I see the aoc 144 1ms on sale for 200$ right now on amazon. I kinda wanted to buy from bestbuy because I actually trust their warranties to be full coverage but their stock is limited unless I went with the Acer 27 1440 freesync. But for 400$ do I really want a tn panel?

So the real question is do I shell out 500-600$ for a 1440 ips 120-144hz freesync monitor or get the aoc and wait for technology to improve? My old LG is also on sale for 250 right now free shipping no taxes.

I don't really play any taxing games that would drop me too far below 100 fps so freesync isn't 100% required but still nice to have for the future.

So budget tn 1080p 24inch 144hz 1ms freesync for 200$ and wait a year or two vs 600$ 27 inch ips freesync 1440p... Or something else entirely.
>>
>>55623468
The AOC has 1 ms response time, but 28 ms input lag. Look it up.
>>
>AOC
Never ever.
Also the 144Hz IPS monitors look like total shit color wise, it's just a marketing ploy to bait the goyim into dropping a few more shekels.
>>
>>55623468
Why not just buy a Korean 28" 4k monitor for $250?
And freesync adds sone of latency.
And the colors of IPS are much more worth it than the latency of tn.
>>
>>55624069
>>55624109
Yea I saw something about this but its hard to keep track of all the BS when comparing 20 monitors. So I should just get a decent asus tn freesync 144hz panel? Or just get the same LG I had? I wish Dell made a freesync monitor. Outside of that i guess its just if 1440p is worth the extra 100-150$ for the Acer
>>
>>55624401
Yea that's another thing that seems very controversial is the latency added by freesync. So much crap to sort through. I don't think my card is beefy enough for a 4k 28 inch though. And its not that the latency bothers me of the ips its that you also don't have the higher frequency ontop of that. I wouldn't mind a nice middleground here between visual and input response / frequency but it seems like its all or nothing. Either fast monitor with shit colors or great colors slow monitor.
>>
>>55624476
Okay.
If you are want to shell out a shit ton for a monitor does both, watch out since they have QC issues.
Speaking from personal experience with the MG279Q
>>
>>55623468
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Reminder to report, hide, and not to respond to posters violating this rule. Only you can stop /g/ from being shit.
>>
File: capture.png (6 KB, 351x135) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
6 KB, 351x135
>>55624476
VA panel.

>>55624542
No rule against consumer reviews. Rules are rules. Sticky is just another shitpost.
>>
>>55624542

Telling people you are saging is against the rules . and I clearly made the thread about discussing current monitor technologies and not a blatant tell me what to buy
>>
>>55624499
Yes the reviews on the high end monitors scare me as well. Seems like there's not much winning here and it may be better to wait a few years. A lot of contradicting information. I was perfectly happy with my old Samsung for 8 years before I got the LG
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.