[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to get rid of the Internet anymore? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Maoisti töttö 2.jpg (281 KB, 1320x1656) Image search: [Google]
Maoisti töttö 2.jpg
281 KB, 1320x1656
Is it possible to get rid of the Internet anymore?

I don't mean just blocking access to it, I mean removing all possible ways of accessing it for the whole human race? What would you need to do? How many people would you need? I'm guessing that you'd need nothing short of a nuclear war if you wanted to destroy the Internet, and even then you'd be left with pockets of 'resistance' with a couple of connected computers.

Removing electricity would destroy Internet for sure, yes, but that isn't feasible. I'd like you to figure out a way how to return the world to the 60's or 70's by disconnecting everyone and everything from the web. How?
>>
>>55623375
The effect of a planet-wide EMP would basically reset all technology to zero.
>>
>>55623375
Hack the net
>>
>>55623375
The major ISPs could easily stop any kind of internet traffic.
>>
>>55623520
this. at least in america ISPs are a near monopoly. easy for the government to tell them what to do should they desire.
>>
I mean the Internet isn't centralized in any one place it's not a thing it's a network, millions of computers connected are the Internet, you could disable specific carriers but I guess you'd have to disable all forms of modern communication including land phone lines, easier to just kill the entire human race probably
>>
>>55623624
Yeah, I know that. Just wondering if there are some major hotspots which destruction would cause at least a momentary collapse of the web.
>>
File: no that's my girlfriend.png (211 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
no that's my girlfriend.png
211 KB, 496x499
If you remove all ISPs, you'll get rid of the Internet. Send the stormtroopers into their offices, smash everything up, and you're set. People can't provide their own Internet to themselves; you need to get it from a company, just like how you could buy a landline phone, but if the phone lines have been removed, no amount of le hack le phone will help you.
>>
>>55623624
>/g/ on networking
kek
>>
>>55623686
There are over 10,000 ISPs in the world so... 40 000 good men with guns and explosives could, in theory, bring the whole system down?
>>
File: 1-0 - 1.jpg (21 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1-0 - 1.jpg
21 KB, 600x337
>>55623747

You just need several powerful and well placed EMP's. Ideally you would just drag a neutron start between the earth and the moon as that would wipe out all electro-technology.

Hardcore mode: Start a mass movement to wipe out all technology and modernism. Become the dictator of a Theodore Kaczynski inspired Third Reich.
>>
>>55623375
>Is it possible to get rid of the Internet anymore

Well governments seem to be able to shut it off in egypt and turkey and china whenever they feel like it
>>
>What would you need to do?
Blow up Area 51.

>How many people would you need?
One JC Denton
>>
>>55623686
>their offices
They don't keep their infrastructure and fiber at their offices, you dumb sperg.

You might as well go for power stations.
>>
>>55623469
>scrub with no faraday cage set up
>>
>>55623375
Solar flare that could wipe out all Electronics for awhile.
>>
>>55623375

Hi Rei!
>>
If you cut the couple dozen main undersea cables, then blew up the top five datacentres on each continent, you'd basically destroy the Internet. I mean, it could still function, but the economic impact would basically tank the world's economy so bad that any businesses associated with the Internet, as well as service sectors in general, would go under.
>>
You would need only 5 of these to cut it for a couple of days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_name_server

Also, 13, like they want a bad anime produced by netflix about this shit
>>
>>55623375
theoretically, if you cut every underwater cable there is, you might be able to temporarily destroy the internet, until they restore the cable connections. Other than a nuclear war, what you propose is pretty impossible
>>
seize satellites and backbones and you've total control over the internet.
>>
Destroy all telecommunications systems on and orbiting the planet.
Kill anyone that attempts to reinstate them.

You'd need a lot of good men, which means a good reason.
>>
>>55624802
ty for the chuckle anon
>>
Removing electricity is totally feasible.
Just wait for a solar flare
>>
File: carrier pigeon.jpg (29 KB, 350x385) Image search: [Google]
carrier pigeon.jpg
29 KB, 350x385
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Justin Bieber
>>
Go loco like Koko and control the world's infrastructure with your super quantum magical computer that can hack anything. Then, along with some military power, you can just destroy anything you want and nobody can oppose you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.