[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>figure out secret code to unlock "developer options"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>figure out secret code to unlock "developer options"
>go into "developer options" way at the bottom of the settings tree
>find a bunch of autism settings
>go into "advanced" way at the bottom of "dev options" which was way at the bottom of settings
>find even more autism settings
>but a few more that make sense
>like "show animations" which can save battery when unchecked
>then way at the bottom finally find "don't keep activities" which when checked saves its setting thru reboots
>check it
>suddenly my battery life is 500x better
>left my phone unplugged all night
>its only 92%
>prior to checking that it would be almost drained just idling

why is it so hard to make android user friendly and more linux like in terms of TRULY deciding what and what doesnt run
>>
>>55619170
>He thinks android is GNU/Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment...

But seriously, the only way Android is Similar to 'Linux' on the desktop is the kernel. I wish we did have GNU/Linux on mobile but it seems all attempts so far have gained very little traction (Sailfish, Ubuntu Touch, Plasma mobile, etc)
>>
>>55619233

didnt the ubuntu phone actaully come out tho
>>
>>55619170

>disable apps running in background
>surprised you get more battery life

lol
>>
>>55619288

the thing is android has the info bar which has the tab with all apps running and you can either open one back up, slide it to kill it or press X which is supposed to kill all of them

that doesnt do shit
>>
>>55619170
>phone drains more than 2% over night
Why don't you just stop apps in the background? My phone never used over 3% overnight. Or just disable Internet/wifi.
>>55619351
It doesn't force close the apps which have the ability to run in background, like most messaging/social apps. Are you new to Android? You can use "all in one toolbox" or something similar, make it force close everything.
>>
>>55619170
That android is cute!

C U T E !
>>
>>55619272
No, they got Ubuntu Phone running on a bunch of phones but the fad died fast and now only like two phones are supported
>>
>>55619351
That's just Activities mate. It does nothing about Services.

You're clueless. You stated looking in the wrong place.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.