[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iOS Jailbreak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: apple-ios-9-3-2.jpg (82 KB, 790x497) Image search: [Google]
apple-ios-9-3-2.jpg
82 KB, 790x497
What are the best software for iOS jailbreak? What popular software exist (I know a couple: Evasi0n, PPJailbreak, TaiG, Pangu, etc.)? Do you think iOS 9.3.2 jailbreak will come out soon? Or should I just be patient till iOS 10 comes out and just jailbreak that?
>>
>>55617754
full audio guide on how to jailbreak ios9:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wZm1JxlnpE
>>
>>55617949
Thanks for that. I want to know what are some good jailbreak software tools. My iPhone has iOS 9.3.2 on it and currently there is no jailbreak for it.

I will refer you back to the original question(s).
>>
File: 4L_fabkMK4H.jpg (83 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
4L_fabkMK4H.jpg
83 KB, 600x900
How do I update from 8.4 without fucking my shit up??
>>
>>55617754
>>55617993
It's not that hard to jailbreak your iOS 9.3.2 or below device on your own if you have a Mac and understand how everything works. I have the System partition mounted rw on an iOS 10 iPhone 6. Of course I had the help of an iBoot exploit that I discovered several months ago but it certainly is possible to have a tethered jailbreak from userland. The tricky part is getting it untethered. For most things I install killing the SpringBoard and/or backboardd is sufficient to get it working. Whenever I need to reboot I have to go through DFU and exploit the iBSS to manually bootstrap a patched iBEC. This way I'm able to get better control over the Kernel (because KPP is disabled in DFU mode) and I can boot the system.

>>55618054
You can't. If you want to update you'll have to be ready to lose your jailbreak. If you value root access then stay on iOS 8.4. With all of the newer versions the root directory has been moved. This means that even with rw access to the System partition you won't be able to access it. All of the useful things like mTerminal, OpenSSH, and iFile still work on iOS 9.3.2 though. A jailbreak should be out soon for it. At that time I recommend making a backup and wiping your device. Then restore to the backup and jailbreak again.
>>
>>55618238
Pangu is still working on iOS 9.3.2 jailbreak but is not giving any updates. TaiG has already released a beta jailbreak tool for iOS 9.3.2. They are testing and will soon release a final version.
>>
File: 1265551065574.jpg (71 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1265551065574.jpg
71 KB, 500x513
>>55618407
I'm aware. I know that I probably have similar exploits too. I'm just wanting to rip apart their new tool and see what they've done this time.
>>
A 9.3.2 jailbreak isn't happening. Switch to Android.
>>
File: big benin.png (227 KB, 1165x900) Image search: [Google]
big benin.png
227 KB, 1165x900
>>55618557
It already has happened. I can confirm that it's been jailbroken at least 20 times. Many security researchers including myself aren't giving up on that closed source shit pile. It's too much fun.
>>
>>55618557
Nope. It's almost released. TaiG has already released a beta jailbreak tool. They said they will release the final version soon after testing. Pangu is also working on it and I'm sure they'll come out with one.
>>
>>55618621
How did you do it? Where did you find the jailbreak?
>>
>>55618762
>How did you do it? Where did you find the jailbreak?
Jailbreaks aren't just shat out by magical ponies from /mlp/ dude. Hundreds of hours of hard work goes into creating jailbreaking tools. I jailbreak my devices on my own. I'm a security researcher who enjoys the challenge. The iPhone 6 has been out since late 2014 and still haven't been able to find any exploitable hardware vulnerabilities which is pretty impressive. I had the AT&T Note 5 bootloader unlocked in about 3 weeks. The problem with jailbreaking these days is that we no longer have access to the root directory. In the old days you could simply take control of the Kernel and start fucking around with fstab (the file that controls reading and writing to various parts of the user and system partitions). Now it's getting a little more complicated. You have to get creative and find new ways to trick the device into giving rw access to stuff.
>>
>>55617754
install iOS 6

jailbreak.me
>>
>>55618915
Can't downgrade retard.
>>
>>55618745
They've been saying that for a long ass time. I don't believe.
>>
>>55618915
The last jailbreakme tool that was released took advantage of some severe vulnerabilities in the PDF viewer. Hasn't worked since iOS 4.

>>55618984
Incorrect. You need a bootrom exploit or an iBoot exploit with SHSH saved. Signature hashes are device specific so you have to use your own. A bootrom or an iBoot exploit will not only allow you to downgrade, it'll also allow you to remove iCloud locks. I've made a nice chunk of change doing this.
>>
>>55618991
But TaiG has already come out with a beta. The beta is working just fine. The final release will be out soon. Look it up.
>>
>>55619180
Link?
>>
>>55619274
http://taig9.com/beta2/
>>
>>55619274
I recommend you back up your phone first before doing this.
>>
>>55619410
Did you "jailbreak" through Safari? Because that semi jailbreak thing is malware. It's also not a real jailbreak.
>>
>>55619455
It's not malware mate. It's just an exploit. People have done it and they have no problems.
>>
>>55619586
It's not a real jailbreak. It doesn't mount your system partition as rw. Be careful with those profiles you install. Even though Apple and the other kids tell you otherwise, iOS devices can get malware.
>>
File: 1460403011181.jpg (47 KB, 610x387) Image search: [Google]
1460403011181.jpg
47 KB, 610x387
>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and i'd rather have ruskies and chinks steal my identity if they help me "break out of jail"
>>
ay /g/s it's not possible to unlock an iPhone 6s that's been linked to an Apple ID without the password, is it? Really hoping to jailbreak this pos once / if I crack it
>>
Jailbreak is long dead. Just accept this simple fact and move on. An actual untethered jb for iOS > 9.2 will never be out.
>>
>>55619704
>massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit
These security flaws aren't that bad for the average user. Nothing can really be done with these exploits unless the attacker has physical access. Same goes for any machine or OS.
>to get root
Not anymore. The entire root directory has been moved out of the system partition and is no longer accessible even if you do jailbreak.
>prevent apple from patching it
Nobody is preventing Apple from patching anything. Apple usually releases an OTA update withing a week or two in response to a new jailbreaking tool.
>inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
Incorrect. It's a legitimate concern but I've torn apart every iOS jailbreaking tool ever released. None of the ones from Pangu contain malware or anything harmful. Only a complete idiot who installs random shit will have this issue, just like Android.

TL;DR this anon is tech illiterate jackass who thinks he knows everything and shits up a thread for no reason other than arguing

>>55619723
Where do you live? I'll remove the lock for $100. The only problem is that I'll need to pull firmware keys for the latest version of iOS for that device. They're used to decrypt and edit the IPSW file that's needed for a restore.
>>
>>55620069
Well damage controlled iPajeet!
>>
>>55620069
>Nothing can really be done with these exploits unless the attacker has physical access. Same goes for any machine or OS.

Absolute horseshit.
>>
>>55620069
Fuck off and shill your shit elsewhere Ivan.
>>
>>55620088
Stay mad.

>>55620091
Prove me wrong. Luca Todesco is not a credible source. He is known for lying.
>>
>>55620104
Once again, I don't see a real counter argument.
>>
>>55618895
>In the old days you could simply take control of the Kernel and start fucking around with fstab (the file that controls reading and writing to various parts of the user and system partitions)

That's interesting, how exactly does apple prevent you from changing fs permissions even with kernel privs? Did they move the driver into trustzone or some fuckery?
>>
File: iOS bootchain.png (20 KB, 389x110) Image search: [Google]
iOS bootchain.png
20 KB, 389x110
>>55620554
It's sorta like that. The whole device relies on this weird method where only certain things can be available to other things at certain times or under the right conditions. I know that's a bit vague but it's the only way I can describe it. Recently (iOS 9+) the root directory was moved and fstab is in there. Apple tries as hard as it can to make modifying their system as big of a pain in the ass as possible. To be completely honest I don't fully understand how iOS devices do what they do. To better understand what I'm talking about, download an IPSW with firmware keys available. Rename it to a zip and extract it to your desktop. There should be 3 dmg files inside if you do this on a mac. The largest is the root fs. Decrypt it with a tool called iDecrypt and the firmware key. You'll notice that half of the code is still gibberish. That's because the bootrom is able to utilize the AES module to decrypt that. Everything there is private. You can't fully decrypt the stock firmware without an iOS device.
>>
>>55620901
Thanks for replying, that is really insane. No wonder iOS exploits fetch such high prices. Kudos to you guys for dealing with that shit, I think I'll just stay with my comfy Linux kernel. Being able to attach a debugger really makes breaking stuff a lot easier :P
>>
>>55621319
The Linux kernel is pretty nice. OSX and iOS use a heavily modified XNU kernel btw.
>>
>>55619410
Isn't their website TaiG.com not taig9.com? Also I'm pretty sure that they don't have a jailbreakme.com-esque tool that lets you jailbreak without a computer
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.