[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket CHIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 2208x1242
Why isnt /g/ excited for this? Practically a full Linux computer with emulators in the pocket..
>>
>>55617245
Jessie is a friend,
Yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately something's changed
It ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine

And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it!
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?

I play along with the charade
That doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know I feel so dirty when they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot

'Cause she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it!
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

Like Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman...

And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time
Wonderin' what she don't see in me
I've been funny; I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love's supposed to be?

Tell me, why can't I find a woman like that?

I want Jessie's girl

Like Jessie's girl
I want, I want Jessie's girl
>>
>>55617245

Smart phones are already a thing.
>>
Just use termux if you need Linux on your Android phone, comes with apt and has a decent list of packages, don't need root.
>>
>>55617245
>Practically a full Linux computer with emulators in the pocket
So it has a small subset of the functionality my phone has?
>>
>>55617245
Damn /g/uys, you're so negative. Both C.H.I.P. and PocketC.H.I.P. are awesome geeky gadgets, I love mines.
>>
>>55617769
Fuck off
>>
>>55617769
The display resolution seems to be really a bit too low. I considered the 800x480 px (on N900) to be something of a sensible minimum. Other than that it sure is a cute thing, love the pencil stand.
>>
>>55617590
>I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot
>moot
Cucked?
>>
CHIP is great, I have one running headless, quietly siphoning it's power from my television.

PocketCHIP is a worthless toy which ships with a crippled distro, designed purely for starbucks "hipster cred".

The keyboard is worthless, the screen is deliberately low quality because apparently that's what testing revealed people wanted? How fucking insane is that. "I wish this screen was slightly lower res".

My advice for anyone with a PocketCHIP is take the CHIP itself out, take the pocket chassis apart for components, flash the CHIP with GUI4.4 so that you actually get all the fucking functionality and write off the money you wasted on buying a hipster piece of crap.

Enjoy your chip.
>>
>>55617245
>Why isnt /g/ excited for this?
Because this audience is not really engineers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.