[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Java help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1213.jpg (12 KB, 138x140) Image search: [Google]
1213.jpg
12 KB, 138x140
Hello, I'm learning Java and I have no idea how to impress potential freelance employer.
I can't make the whole big commericial project by myself and I can't work in the office either — they need experience. So what should I do?
Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>55614825
Be experienced. Check out Open Source projects written in Java. Learn Java EE if you must.
>>
Java will never impress an employer
It says "I'm expendable"
Read SICP, thank me later
>>
>>55614841
and he will be like "I've read SICP, give me money"?
>>
>>55614839
So what should I put in my portfolio?
>>
>>55614825
try to make that big commercial project of yours. ask for help, find friends, abandon big project and join some team.
?????
profit
>>
File: 7LDO2AbP71o.jpg (16 KB, 370x240) Image search: [Google]
7LDO2AbP71o.jpg
16 KB, 370x240
>>
>>55614898

yes and they will laugh just like we will. sicp is for stallmanu and friends.

op, what kind of programming do you want to do? enterprise resource planning? content management systems? distributed concurrent online banking? figure out what you want to do, find an open source project in that area and then offer to write documentation. once you have joined the team you find bugs in the project bug tracker and write some code that will fix the bug. submit your code to team members and they will critique it. once you can write good bug fixes they will let you write features. once you start writing features you will eventually have a portfolio of code that you can point to.
>>
>>55615692
thank you for your help!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.