[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PGS Kickstarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: PGS_Attack.png (419 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
PGS_Attack.png
419 KB, 639x359
Oh my God this KS is so Funny!

>Some _Bakers_ ask about the State of the Prototype
>PGS is like "OMG! Trolls! Call the Internet Police!"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/portable-console-for-pc-games-pgs/posts/1631721
>>
>>55614219
Fanny indeed.
>>
>>55614219
Serious question, how stupid would it be to build a portable gaming console running steamOS or windows using an Intel atom and low end nvidia laptop gpu like gt920m?

Would that be enough for casual steam shit like magica 2 at 720p 60fps?

iirc, bay trail had similar performance to an e7400.
>>
>>55614645
The biggest Problem with Portable Devices is Heat. Even an shitty Intel Atom with its iGPU needs to throttle down to not get too Hot with the Cooling available in these Devices.
>>
>>55614926
A small heatsink shouldn't be too difficult, even possibly with a tiny low rpm fan.

Hell, you could build the backplate out of metal and have it pressing against the heatsink for better thermal cooldown. The cpu should be fine since there are Intel atom phones, I think the issue will be more with the gpu
>>
File: ss (2016-07-17 at 02.22.42).png (4 KB, 213x141) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-17 at 02.22.42).png
4 KB, 213x141
What kind fo comparison is this?
Why do they show gradients on the IPS, which should have a really high viewing angle?
>>
File: 2016-07-17-143629_623x80_scrot.png (16 KB, 623x80) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-17-143629_623x80_scrot.png
16 KB, 623x80
>>55615064
Because they don't know anything about Tech.
Pic Related, the 2W are the SDP, not TDP. The TDP should be at ~4W. Also they don't seem to know about the Thermal Protection of the CPU.
>>
>>55614219
Oh wow where are they putting the Battery? Also they do an good Job with avoiding Technical Questions and only showing rendered Pictures.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.