[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain this to me. I am using the VPN provided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: vpn.png (51 KB, 1441x1440) Image search: [Google]
vpn.png
51 KB, 1441x1440
Can someone please explain this to me.

I am using the VPN provided by Getflix, and it's supposed to encrypt and hide my ISP. I've set it so that my IP address is for the region of Los Angeles in the US.

But when I type in "ip address" on Google, it gives me my public IP address and it traces it back to my actual location. Why is this?

Did I not set the VPN up correctly? The program and the website says that I have. The Getflix website says that I'm from the US, yet the IP address website says otherwise.
>>
>>55613161
Some VPNs have the option to avoid tunneling to servers located within your country. Disable that option and tunnel your entire traffic
>>
>>55614359
Could you possibly guide me through the process of doing that with Getflix?

I can't seem to find the option related to tunneling.
>>
>>55613161
Oh shit! you telling me i might get backtraced by the cyberpolice even though i use a vpn?
>>
you may have a webrtc leak

how do you ssh or ssl tunnel which is better
>>
>>55613161
>Getflix gets around this geo-blocking by re-routing certain connections via our US servers, so they think you are actually located in the US (since they see our server's IP address instead of yours).

Where do you live?
>>
>>55615146
Australia.
>>
File: 1456740776959.png (72 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1456740776959.png
72 KB, 512x512
>>55615202
I just came to this thread because I want a good VPN
>>
>>55614510

You dun goofd. Consequences will never be the same m90.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.