[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you/have you used encrypted email service? What has been your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-07-17_00-01-35.png (489 KB, 1537x909) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-17_00-01-35.png
489 KB, 1537x909
Do you/have you used encrypted email service? What has been your experience? Are they safe? Worth it?
>>
There pretty much a waste of time when email encryption has existed for years. Also email is outdated btw
>>
>>55613144
I'm using their paid service just because I like fancy custom email names. couldn't care less about privacy(I don't want my dick-pics on the internet that's about it) because I still have an android phone and gmail
>>
>>55613178
>email is outdated

?
>>
>>55613144
Encryption aside, it is pretty good email provider.
>>
You only get the illusion of privacy. You need to use PGP.
>>
>>55613204
He is retarded, don't mind him.
>>
OP here, anyone use the GnuPG plugin?

https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
>>
>don't let you directly download apk from their site

into the thrash it goes
>>
>>55613212
did you mean GPG?
>>
>>55613144
Use GPL you lazy fuck.
>>
>>55613231
*GPG/PGP
>>
>>55613231
>>55613226
>>55613217
>>55613212
lol
>>
>>55613241
u got somethin 2 say 2 me punk?
>>
>>55613231
can you explain how it actually works? does people need to know my gpg key or something in order to encrypt an email?
>>
>>55613249
ur gay freetard
>>
>>55613249
yes. your mom is fat and smells like a dead horse
>>
>>55613251
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

>>55613257
no u
>>
>>55613264
more like public toilet lol
>>
>>55613262
see >>55613264
>no u
>>
>>55613268
ZING!
>>
>>55613249
your words cant push my fucking buttons. ive been active on on //b board for a decent while and yeah it can be rough at times, but reddit can always catch me when i get too down. at work i'll even flaunt my ass at the urinal. so i know what to say here on the forums when something almost gets me all riled up and shit. i can handle it....the question is....can you?
>>
>>55613288
:( no... im not... strong enough........
>>
>>55613290
there are GMOs in pizza hit. the world is not what i thought either. the question is...are you ready?
>>
Anything that's black and rectangular and has a usability oriented design
>>
I... I'm not sure :'(((( Will... Will you take me?
>>
I use ProtonMail and I fucking love it. Only problem is that no one I know uses it so emails are still by and large unencrypted. I know there is the option to password encrypt emails but no one I know would deal with the hassle.
>>
>>55613314
>usability
I mean like designed without useless gimmicks and it's made to do it's job
>>
>>55613319
add me with facebook. stage name is India
>>
>>55613144
Yes. Mostly I use my own (I do use GnuPG for most non-public stuff, and my mailserver is state-of-the-art in terms of email security - it had better be, I'm on the IETF UTA WG), but I use ProtonMail as a backup, because it's a poor idea to only have your personally-hosted email addresses as your contacts on your hosting; if it goes down, you won't get email!

It's email. I don't use it that much. The encryption is a bit clumsy and doesn't seem to interact with PGP at all outside of ProtonMail, which makes it actually kind of useless in practice - a shame! The smartphone app keeps losing my passphrases, and I really don't want it to - it's extremely irritating and may lead to me changing to Tutanota.

Safe against what threat model?

Worth the price of free with no ads? Yes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.