[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Tutorials & Learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: coursera.png (58 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
coursera.png
58 KB, 256x256
Hey /g/, what are your favorite tech and software tutorial/learning sites? What courses are currently taken or have taken? Any recommendations.

I'm talking about sites like Coursera, Codecademy, Lynda, etc.

I've been on a kick of watching tutorial series for stuff I already know how to use because there are tons of features I had no idea existed.

Currently watching the Lynda Essential tutorial series for Excel 2016. Only have a very basic knowledge of excel/spreadsheet software so I'm learning it for jobs in the future that may require it.
>>
>>55612345
practice is a million times better than wasting time watching pajeet-tier video demonstrations
>>
following a CAD tutorial series on lynda. Good website and tutorials but shit is expensive, fortunately I found a torrent for it but it was missing the exercise files
>>
>>55612359

As long as you practice the stuff you learn from videos I don't see a problem. There are some great programming video tutorials out there that help a ton if you make sure to utilize the concepts being taught in a program of your own. A lot of people make the mistake of just copying what the person they're watching is doing without really understanding it though.
>>
>>55612359

thats kind of a fucking no brainier. You have to have knowledge of a topic to actually practice it though.
>>
>>55612345
I been using SoloLearn to brush up on my Java, and C++
http://www.sololearn.com/Courses/
>>
>>55612372

Most downloads don't have the exercise files because they require the even pricier subscription package. Fortunately I haven't found a series that actually NEEDED it.
>>
>>55612436

I've actually been using the SoloLearn app to brush up on C++. It's kind of shitty though because the little exercises after learning something essentially tell you exactly what to do in the instructions. Like it'll say:

"Write a function that adds two integers by first making it an int function and then. . ."

Like it doesn't actually test your knowledge.

Is their actual website learning stuff better?
>>
File: image.png (70 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 750x1334
>>55612463

Yeah it's kind of bad.
>>
>>55612463
It's pretty much the exact same thing on the website. In fact, signing in will just pick up where you left off in the app.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.