[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C in video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
I hate reading
any of you know a good video tutorial serie that is equivalent to pic related?
Just need to cover everything in the book
>>
>>55611618
Wait for Hollywood to come out with the movie.
>>
>>55611661
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

got any real answers?
>>
>>55611668
Read it.
>>
>>55611679
dont want to buy it and ebook's readind experience on my phone is awful
>>
>>55611618
We don't need another ADD "programmer"
>>
I'm learning C/C++ right now too. I ain't reading books or watching videos. Just go on github and load a bunch of sources lad.
The only way to learn this shit.
Or alternatively you coud read the book after which you'll still have to load up some sources.

Make your choice.
>>
>>55611697
ill be a programmer no matter what.
Did two year of java in high school and starting SE this semester. I want to learn c before my mind gets corrupted because we start with c++ at my uni

dont have much time to learn it considering we start last week of august.

So please elp me find a video series on it
>>
>>55611701
wont you have a huge knowledge gap?
>>
>>55611729
>ill be a programmer no matter what
>I hate reading

yeah no.
>>
>>55611748
can you elaborate

why is reading a necessity for programming?
it is an archaic way of learning and it will die in a couple of centuries
>>
>>55611742
>a huge knowledge gap?

what do you mean?
It does take a while of fiddling with the code to really understand what's going on but with this approach I've already grasped how the very basics work. Such as printing, If, bools, loops, arrays, sockets and a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>55611692
The book is free online in pdf form
>>
>>55611791
>tfw can't read a book on my monitor because i have ADHD and im easily distracted
>>
>>55611771

are you even trying?
>>
>>55611778
this stuff is basic knowledge common to all programming languages. Only the syntax change a bit here and there. But by reading a book like pic related you learn all the little quirks of the languages, hat it likes and dislikes, what is best for compiling and mainly how the included libraries can help you save time
>>
>>55611618
>I hate reading

Get out
>>
>>55611795
>>55611697
>adhd is a disadvantage

it is the best thing in the world
>>
>>55611816
why?
>>
>>55611618
you reap what you sow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NWeucMKrLI&list=PL6gx4Cwl9DGAKIXv8Yr6nhGJ9Vlcjyymq
>>
>>55611771
why is reading a necessity for programming?
it is an archaic way of learning and it will die in a couple of centuries

are you stupid?
no really, are you?

you're fucking reading stuff on the screen at the moment. you're reading code. you're writing and then reading your own code. you're reading other peoples code. you're reading design notes, you're reading bug reports, you're reading requirements. and so on and so fucking on.

god damn.
>>
>>55611805

Good point. Any C++ books to recommend? Preferably one with some kinds of exercises in there. I think I'm pretty okay at this point but more practice couldn't hurt. Maybe making a GUI for my IM program somehow or something I don't know.
>>
>>55611837
this guy looks so dumb
did you like this tutrial or did you just send me the first on on youtube?
>>
>I hate reading

then pick up something else. You'll need to read if you're going to program.
>>
>>55611618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvy5900m3M
>>
>>55611841
>reading a book is the same as reading 4chan or reading code

ADHD
hate reading long stuff
>>
>>55611889
no u read!
>>
>>55611820
not when you want to actually learn things

every time i try to read K&R for example i read a few pages then i impulsively watch a youtube video and forget everything i just learned
>>
>>55611771
I'm sure you're going to find video references for all the APIs you'll work with, which you will somehow try to find the specific functions you're working with in what will have to be 20hour videos as well.
>>
>>55611857
For GUIs you'll need something like the Windows API.
>>
>>55611934

so windows.h?
>>
>>55611972
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb384843.aspx
>>
>>55612016

thanks anon. This should keep me busy for a while.
>>
Sorry bro we're full. We don't want another C programmer in our community. We already earn $200k/year minimum, we don't want you to lower the average salary.
>>
>>55611618
Lynda, Pluralsight and tutsplus have free trials, just sign up and download the videos you want to watch.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.