[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may have just gotten water damage in my keyboard. >cleaned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: img_8624.png (273 KB, 700x374) Image search: [Google]
img_8624.png
273 KB, 700x374
I may have just gotten water damage in my keyboard.

>cleaned it down with a damp paper towel
>seems fine
>5 minutes later starts acting funky
>inputs gibberish
>backlight suddenly goes off
>only spacebar works

And that's when I unplugged it. How fucked am I?
>>
>>55611110
Don't eat or drink around electronics.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 460x460
>>55611110
Dude, use a rubber dome or one of these if you drink/eat at station more often than normal.
>>
You fell for the backlit keyboard meme.
I could piss on mine and it would be fine since it's properly sealed as it doesn't need to leak light to remind me I'm a good goy for buying GAYMEN peripherals.
>>
>>55611119
I didn't. The damage came from me cleaning it.
>>
>>55611110
How does it work while unplugged?
>>
>>55611193
Don't use tap water with electronics. Only use isopropyl alcohol or other non-conductive solvents.
>>
It's probably fine. I would let it dry for a few days, maybe upside down over some rice with some supports so you don't get rice in your keys. Keyboards aren't high powered so I doubt any short circuits would cause lasting damage.
>>
>>55611335
Nah, trust me, I have killed dozens of keyboards in my time. I tip tea and water on them way too much. I have stopped buying expensive (ie more than 15 bux) keyboards because of this.

What's fucked is I find this basic Microsoft 600 to be unkillable. I've spilled so much on it and it's fine. Opening it up shows it's just a rubber mat across a flexi PCB there's like nothing to fry. A tiny raised to the top board at the far right, you'd have to fill it to hit that.

Best thing to do if you get liquid in your keyboard is to unplug it immediately turn it upside down to try and get the liquid out then leave it stood up in front of a fan keys first for a few hours.

>best thing to do is not spill shit in your keyboard like a fucking retard
>tfw
>>
>>55611110

leave it in rice overnight and asians will come and fix it
>>
>>55611392
LELD.
>>
wait for it to dry

some of the leds will probably end up shorted though
>>
>Having to flip your keyboard upside down when you spill something on it
>Not buying a keyboard with drainage holes.
All I have to do when I spill something on my keyboard is spill a lot more clean water on it and everything flushes out from the bottom.
>>
>>55611474

Is this real? Tell me it's real. What keyboard?

If I break one more keyboard with a cup of tea I'm going to quit being British
>>
Op i eat at my desk all the time, but ubfortunatley one of my favorite breakfeast foods are poppyseed bagels. I thought my cherry blues felt a little soft so I turned it upside down and all thewe months old hairs and poppyseeds fell out. It was a little bad but the thing was much clickier aftwlerwards, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.