[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_26112015_161221.png (293 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_26112015_161221.png
293 KB, 600x600
Hey /g/, what do you think of this build i've planned?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VHjj4C
>>
>>55609616
You don't really need that much RAM, 16 GB is fine, it'll save you some money (~45 bucks)

That power supply is white hot shit, this CX series in general is horrible and you probably could step down to a 500W anyways. Look at EVGA's lineups. That'll save you another 40 or 50 bucks.

Overall looks good. If you can find an aftermarket 1080, it'd be ideal but there's nothing wrong with the FE other than being slightly slower/hotter and more expensive.
>>
>>55609616
Do you still live at home with your mom?
Yes? The FUCK right off, NEET.

What a disgrace.
>>
>>55609663
Thanks for the advice senpai, should i go with their 500W bronze or pay the extra 30 bucks for their supernova 550W gold?
>>
looks like u just grabbed the most expensive shit you could see

cpu is good but 2bh senpai you don't need a cpu anywhere near that powerful

212 is a meme. get a cryorig h7. like 10 bucks more but way better and looks better too and is a million time easier to install

dont need an expensive """"""""""""""""""Gaming"""""""""""""""""""""" motherboard

ram is utterly retarted. you need 8gb and for the love of christ don't get overpriced corsair bullshit. dominators don't add any performance. you're paying more for fluff.

only get a gtx 1080 if you have a 1440p 144hz or 4k monitor. you probably only need something like a rx 480 or gtx 1060 if you're playing 1080p 60fps (what non-memers play at)

dont need any of those extra fans. nothing in your rig dictates the need for overzealous cooling.
>>
>>55609749
Up to you. I'm pretty sure 500W is plenty for one 1080.

>>55609765
Also listen to this guy, OP
>>
>>55609616
also, OP, do you plan on just gaming? or are you trying to multitask and video edit? If just gaming, an i7 is unnecessary.
>>
>>55609804
Yes, I plan on doing some 3D modeling and video editing as well as gaming so I wanted to put some extra money into a build that will last me a while
>>
>>55609849
>http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VHjj4C
cleaned it up a little bit for you.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fLTTBP
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.