[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Profession, Bitcoin Miner >New brand car bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1415307860198.png (24 KB, 331x286) Image search: [Google]
1415307860198.png
24 KB, 331x286
>Be me
>Profession, Bitcoin Miner
>New brand car bought thanks to your forciandollars, one frappè banana and apple paid with your anoncents
>stop at Traffic light
>homeless guy approaches me
>"PLEASE I NEED TO EAT MAN HAVE YOU SOME MONEY TO GIVE?"
>Take out the checkbook, sign a draft for 10k of gentooney, enough to buy a brioche
>The homeless guy doesn't understand and starts to ask for food
>You go away

Anons, i realy find this Bitcoins thing reale strange, I've studied economy ffs.
Why people would put money on a currency that doesn't realy "exist" and is pretty much unlimited ?
I know it takes a lot to actualy get some bitcoins, but doesn't change that they are moreless money from the Monopoli.
What do you think about it ?

Pic not related, it's the love i feel for you because you won't kick my ass too hard if i made the post on a wrong board.
>>
>>55609374
Pretty much unlimited doesn't mean it is actually limitless you can't "Issue" bitcoins.
You gotta mine em.
If you think of bitcoins like gold then you start to see the value of it not as currency but as a object (a non "physically existent" object but one nonetheless).

And you should know bitcoin becomes harder to mine as time progresses.

But if you want the TL;DR

It's really cheap to launder money with bitcoin.
>>
>>55609374
They are finite, you don't understand how the blockchain works.
>>
>>55609374
In most 1st world countries money doesn't really exist either. We've been using digital currency for decades.
>>
>>55609374
It exists more in a more real way than the dollars in your bank do. And it's not unlimited. There will only ever be 21million. Read up faggot.
>>
>>55609374
>>>/biz/
>>
>>55610351
>>55610576
This. For someone that claims he studied economics you sound clueless.
>>
>>55609374
>realy "exist" and is pretty much unlimited
>realy "exist" and is pretty much unlimited

clearly this is bait
>>
After all 21m bitcoins have been mined, what will be the point of mining? There is no reward at that point. But if people stop mining, the security will drop and the network will be taken over. Seems like a big flaw to me.
>>
>>55610698
Delete this.
>>
>>55611083
Fuck off.
>>
>>55609374
>bitcoin is finite
>precious metals are finite
>the dollar isn't finite

Wonder which one is more reliable :~)
>>
>>55610698
Same to gold. People will use those mining machines for other stuff
>>
>>55611144
The one backed by a lot of guns.
>>
>>55611166
Try buying some bread with a 24k gold coin
>>
>>55609374
Bitcoins are not unlimited, every few years the reward for calculating transactions(mining) is halved until in the not too distant future there will be no direct reward for doing so, miners will profit from the "tips" that people pay for a transfer. For this reason it's called a deflationary cyrptocurrency.

Consider a fiat currency such as the pound sterling, it has no value beyond what people are prepared to trade for it.Ostensibly it is backed by an economy and controlled by a government, but those little bits of paper do not mean anything beyond "We all agree anon has x amount of nothing that we all agree will buy y amount of something." There is much within this system that requires regulation and control(could be abused or go wrong) for example banks charge absurd amounts in transaction fees.

Bitcoin is really a large, shared public ledger, a book in which transactions are recorded if you will. It allows us all to agree that an account [A] (wallet) has and could transfer x amount of nothing to account [B], and the value of those digits is decided by what people are willing to trade for them, same as "real money". To transfer the bits, a gratuitous tip is offered to the miner, who might only update the transactions of those users who tipped a decent amount and users would offer the lowest acceptable tip, in this way the transaction price is itself self regulating.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.